Latest Member
thejonaj2019
What's New?

The "Pyramid" workout...

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
i was recently told to try the pyramis workout reversed

Starting with the max weight first(after a warm up of course) and work my way down to lighter weights.

I was told I would see better results a little quicker. is this true?

I usually go lighter to heavier and back down.

Any givin routine would be
Eg: 3-4/8-10 ( sets/reps) once i reach the final set, i lower the weights each set as i work down.........is that ok? Yes this is to gain!

If Im wrong plz let me know anything I can alter to benefit me would be appreciated

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Oct 12, 2010
Variety is the key to muscle growth. This change in your normal routine will indeed stimulate the muscles in a way they aren't used to. Just don't expect to be Ronnie the next day.

For me, I have found that if I go heavy from the outset, I seem to get better results (and muscle pump if that is important to you) by decreasing the amount of time between sets. I do drop sets on my shoulder routines and I have noticed a very nice improvement over the last 6 months.

For example: Lets just say you are doing benchpress at 80% your 1 rep max for 10 reps. Since you are going down in weight, the next set will obviously feel lighter, so I don't give my muscles that much time to recover before I start my next routine. An example of this bench press routine may be......and keep in mind these are made up weights.

275 x 10 40 sec break
255 x 10 30 sec break
225 x 10 20 sec break
185 x 10 done......

Hope this helps....

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
the pyramid is a good workout Ive used it yrs ago now I just lift heavy

meetcake

meetcake

VIP Member
Sep 29, 2010
i like to get 3 heavy working sets in mostly everything... 5 sets total

ex: 10 reps, 8 reps, 3 sets of 6 reps... or il reverse it and work down to a lighter weight
ex: 3 sets of 6 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps... i like to lift heavy so my reps are low. i will occasionally do "burnout" sets though.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Never did it in reverse. It was def helpful in bringing the strength up in my chest when I first started working out

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Its a very simple concept in building any muscle group...Work the shit out that muscle..Tear it down and let it heal.....Then start over again...I guess any swich up to your routine is a plus....trying to confuse a muscle will make it repond.....I find a mixture or heavy and lite weight works great....I dont care if u start off heavy to lite or whatever...Just another day in the iron pit....dw