jacobss
What's New?

The Program

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Hey Big Man how's the training going?

Work and trying to figure out a way around yet another hurtle that has presented itself for training.
I opted not to pull, instead did heavy Bent over rows trying to give my body a chance to rebound, that didn't prove effective.
Worked up to a solid set of 5r w/340 and a few sets of P-Shrugs with 495 for sets of 5, back and traps were toasted for couple days.

6+ is there for the taking pulling sumo but its going to come with a price not sure its worth it.

AC joints are problematic right now, hope its form related that can be fixed.
After Dan's recent world record showing I read an article about west of westside. I sat back and thought about how initially responded well to westside then problems set in. Considering totally changing the way I bench & squat drop the weights and start all over without the arch straight bar path, for squat move the feet in and sink them squats deep following a Periodization method. So now its putting it all together want to squat & bench twice a week as I've seen a benefit from doing so with westside.

The body needs to heal itself so am focused on the diet and not performing any unnecessary stresses for now.

Take care Brother!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Good to hear! Keep this updated so we can see the progress. Always an inspiration my dude.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Squats Deep
230-10
230-10
230-10
Sumo Squats, Pull assistance exercise.
335-10
385-10

Leg Curls 150

Started writing up my own program building it as I go along. Will use some proven principals & keep the plan uncluttered. Train Basic lifts twice a week with 1 or 2 high rep set(s) thrown in for recovery purpose.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You gonna keep it logged over here so we can see what it looks like?

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Soitenley

Got a couple days off training, tg. My glutes & hams r SORE. Hobbled around all day. Pathetic, despise weakness.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Day 1 Week 2
Bench/Percentage
205 x 7 x 3s

Decline Bench
185 x 10 x 3s

Tate Press db
15 x 3s

Tri Ext.
20 reps

Have the Program set at a 5 week progression, percentages are still low. I'm coming off some low percentage training trying to heal some stuff, not expecting big numbers first run. Bench/Squats twice a week right now will rotate pulls later into the mix.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Bench Recovery
160 x 8 x 4s

Bent over Rows
225 x 12r x 4s

Push Downs
4s

Gravy day just moving blood around.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great job Excessive, time to heal up what needs to be healed and stretch and keep that blood flowing too.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks Halo. Shoulders are getting a little better every week.
I pulled my glute a while back and I'm having no luck getting it to heal. I know BI had trouble a while back with this not sure what he did for recovery work. I've tried foam rolling some stretching but I've also been lifting no breaks.

Squats

Squat/ deep
250-6x3

Leg Ext.
single leg-80x20+,90x18, 200x18

Leg Curls
150x12x3s

Calves
4 sets

This is the best my squat form has ever been. Training them deep and upright can do more weight but I want to build strength around this form.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Only comment on the pulls is you need to work your hip mobility and open the hips up more. You're reaching for the bar instead of dropping down to it. Dave Tate uses the verbal queue of "drop your sack on the bar" and that's pretty much right. You have to open the hips up and sink down while upright.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic