Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The Ideal Way to Massive Legs

J

J_J

Mar 28, 2012
I agree with this some parts grow easy for some whatever they do, i watched some do really heavy squats and their legs seemed to stay the same size, some just did a few leg curls and things and their legs grow like mad.

Its like with Bigun he says he hardly trains arms and they still grow, theirs me i have tried the lot nearly and they still wont shift that much.

Training heavy is only part of what is needed. The other part is staying out of the gym long enough to recover and grow larger. If I leg pressed 2,200+ pounds every 3 days my legs would not grow larger from it because of the high frequency of doing an all out effort with that heavy weight. And after about 2 weeks of that I would probably injure myself.

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Training heavy is only part of what is needed. The other part is staying out of the gym long enough to recover and grow larger. If I leg pressed 2,200+ pounds every 3 days my legs would not grow larger from it because of the high frequency of doing an all out effort with that heavy weight. And after about 2 weeks of that I would probably injure myself.

Check out the big brain on J.J.

Jules.jpg

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Back to the lecture at hand...

For quads and overall leg development, I like lots of squats - mostly in the 5-15 rep range. Also plate-loaded machine squats. And leg presses and hacks mostly in the 8-15 rep range.

Lots of leg curls for hammies - lying, standing, and seated, mostly in the 8-10 rep range. Some form of deads or rack pulls once every couple of weeks also hit them hard, as do the "quad" exercises mentioned above.

For calves, I like 10-12 sets of standing, seated, and donkey raises. Full ROM, mostly 10-15 rep sets.

I do quads by themselves and calves / hammies together, both workouts done several days apart. Each bodypart usually trained slightly less than once a week.

Reactions: J_J
RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I don't take hardly any rest or recovery periods. Typically I'm lifting 6 days a week, 2-3 times a week for each body part. Arms are a hard grower for me and never started adding any real size until I started hitting them daily. And I train very heavy. For the first time in years I'm training legs weekly twice a week, instead of once or twice a month. And they are growing like crazy. Actually reminds me of why I stopped lifting them so frequently. So I respectfully can't agree with taking time to recover, it just doesn't work the best for me.

J

J_J

Mar 28, 2012
.....And they are growing like crazy.....

What does that mean? What were you eating BEFORE you changed the way you train compared to how you train now and how many millimeters of growth do you believe constitutes "growing like crazy"? When you claim that you are "growing" are you using a tape measure to measure and also are you comparing yourself at different body fat percentages such as 8% vs 12%?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
What does that mean? What were you eating BEFORE you changed the way you train compared to how you train now and how many millimeters of growth do you believe constitutes "growing like crazy"? When you claim that you are "growing" are you using a tape measure to measure and also are you comparing yourself at different body fat percentages such as 8% vs 12%?

I ate the same I always eat, clean and a lot of it I don't change the way I eat I just change calorie intake. I take in roughly 5500 in my rest day or days and 7000 calories on training days. and cut on about 3500 a day. 2 grams of protein per lb. Yes lb not lean body mass. My diet is very much in check, and has never been a problem.

I sometimes use a tape measure but not often. And I use one in inches not millimeters. I gauge growth by the way my clothes fit mostly. And the growth is judged on the fact that in the last 6 weeks I dropped down from I think about 15% body fat, which is higher then it had been for awhile, to high 12% (caliper tested) and I have jeans my legs won't fit in anymore. If I had to guess I'd say I put on about 2" on my legs in 10 weeks. I have very good genetics for growth and easily maintaining what I get while staying decently lean, except in the arm department my genetics don't play a role in that. The only reason I started lifting legs again on a regular basis and often is because I want to get up to the mid 600s squatting for when I hit my first powerlifting next year.

So yes, I am positive I have made growth without a doubt not just claiming it. I know how to make myself grow and when I stop I know how to evaluate and change what I need to, to continue growing. Even while leaning out. The biggest growth had been in my arms though since I started hitting them everyday to at least a pump.

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
I ate the same I always eat, clean and a lot of it I don't change the way I eat I just change calorie intake. I take in roughly 5500 in my rest day or days and 7000 calories on training days. and cut on about 3500 a day. 2 grams of protein per lb. Yes lb not lean body mass. My diet is very much in check, and has never been a problem.

I sometimes use a tape measure but not often. And I use one in inches not millimeters. I gauge growth by the way my clothes fit mostly. And the growth is judged on the fact that in the last 6 weeks I dropped down from I think about 15% body fat, which is higher then it had been for awhile, to high 12% (caliper tested) and I have jeans my legs won't fit in anymore. If I had to guess I'd say I put on about 2" on my legs in 10 weeks. I have very good genetics for growth and easily maintaining what I get while staying decently lean, except in the arm department my genetics don't play a role in that. The only reason I started lifting legs again on a regular basis and often is because I want to get up to the mid 600s squatting for when I hit my first powerlifting next year.

So yes, I am positive I have made growth without a doubt not just claiming it. I know how to make myself grow and when I stop I know how to evaluate and change what I need to, to continue growing. Even while leaning out. The biggest growth had been in my arms though since I started hitting them everyday to at least a pump.

What are you weighing now?

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
What are you weighing now?

In the morning after waking up and being fairly dry, I weigh 231. Majority of the body fat I lost came off the mid section.

Last edited:
Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
In the morning after waking up and being fairly dry, I weigh 231.

Holy sheet 7000 calories. Well i dont exactly track my calories but i hope im somewhere near that number.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic