Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The Ideal Way to Massive Legs

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Dorian Yates flex wheeler Chris Cormier Paul dillet swore by leg extension.paul dillet didn't even squat

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
They all have better genetics than me and were juicing. Even if I was juicing, I'd train the same. Maybe even harder.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
What IFBB pro's did is immaterial to my point. Not even they can escape the laws of anatomy. RF is actively insufficient during the movement, so it's a wasted movement, IMO. -EK

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
What IFBB pro's did is immaterial to my point. Not even they can escape the laws of anatomy. RF is actively insufficient during the movement, so it's a wasted movement, IMO. -EK

Yeah, and with the amounts of gear pros are on and the insane genetics guys like Dillet have, they grow like weeds from pretty much anything.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
"With the amount of year they're on" is what especially would worry me, given the muscular strength they gain vs. their joints' ability to keep up. -EK

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Dorian Yates flex wheeler Chris Cormier Paul dillet swore by leg extension.paul dillet didn't even squat

Yes i remember reading Dorian stating he was no longer doing squats because he found they expanded his midsection to much, also may of been the growth hormone drugs if he took any.

I know the midsection with some does get wider with age, i know mine has even without squats, is 37 now but is hard getting it down anymore, but some of the pros now must have well over 40s they look far bigger than mine.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If you want your legs to grow perform the bread and butter lifts. Front squats, back squats, rdl's, sldl's, etc

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Yes i remember reading Dorian stating he was no longer doing squats because he found they expanded his midsection to much, also may of been the growth hormone drugs if he took any.

I know the midsection with some does get wider with age, i know mine has even without squats, is 37 now but is hard getting it down anymore, but some of the pros now must have well over 40s they look far bigger than mine.

A few days ago a guy at the gym and I were just talking about Yates nixing squats. He said Yates focused on leg press instead like most people focus on back squat, but if we're talking about midsection growth...leg press seems just as bad doesn't it? Not for core muscle growth, but overall expansion of the midsection.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
A few days ago a guy at the gym and I were just talking about Yates nixing squats. He said Yates focused on leg press instead like most people focus on back squat, but if we're talking about midsection growth...leg press seems just as bad doesn't it? Not for core muscle growth, but overall expansion of the midsection.

Yes thats the problem if one has a mid section problem! i now do free standing squats for a fair amount of reps to stop the mid section expanding, i like the old school look best as you may know.

You look good in your avatar pic btw! wide lats and a slim middle.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Simple... Do high reps for strict tone and definition... Anywhere between 15-20 reps... For build, do 6-8reps max! And don't be afraid to switch things up... Do high reps for 1 week and do low reps for 2weeks... Remember your body needs variety otherwise it learns your routine and you won't gain anything from your workouts

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic