Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

The Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

Oct 21, 2015
****. YEAH.

This is the greatest idea ever, I've been trying so many different ways to track my workouts and progress (i.e. apps, paper and pencil, in my head) but this seems awesomely amazing, or, is that amazingly awesome? Whatever, not only do I get to log my workouts digitally but it's online to access from anywhere AND I can get other peoples feedback, help, support, comments and whatever?! I say again, **** yeah. Now, can I get a spot?

Let me catch you up, I'm a 32 year old father and husband. When it comes to fitness, I learned first in the military, but never got to serious. When I got out of the US Navy at the end of 2005 I got even less serious about it. Like a lot of people I would work out maybe 3 or 4 months a year, usually early spring when you want to look good for summer, but recently something changed. I took a long hard look at myself and I realized I was not what I wanted to be, even more importantly I was not WHO I wanted to be. I have many problems, like all of us do. I had back problems that I was letting disable me, I had mental issues (PTSD) I was not confronting, I had a lack of motivation I was letting drag me down and I was using all these things as excuses as to why I couldn't fix any of it. I was a victim. I told myself there was nothing I could do, it was all out of my control.

Then I woke up.

I took control and it started with my health. I decided I didn't want to be a "dad bod". **** no, I want to be big, I've always wanted to be big and why the hell didn't I ever do that before?! Because my back hurt? Because I can't afford a gym membership? It's to hard? I don't want to? wait, that's it, I didn't WANT to. Not as much as I wanted to play video games, not as much as I wanted to party, and drink, and sleep, and eat shit food and "relax". Not anymore my friends, who I am now is written all over my body, you can see it in my muscles. My convictions flex when I move, my mental toughness pours down my face on my last reps, Who I am and who I want to be are becoming one in the same. Everyday I am better, everyday I am stronger, everyday I reach another milestone, everyday I cross off another goal. I watch as my hard work molds my very being into exactly what I want it to be, Big. Real big, well... I'm getting there.

THE STATS
Height- 6'2"
Weight- 195lbs.
Waist- 34"
Chest- 47"
Biceps- 15.5"
Quads- Shit I forget, wish I had a log.
Calves- 15"

Alright! I think that's everything. I will start inputting my workouts as replies each day I do them, which should be quite often. This will really help keep me honest too, no more skipping leg day.

You can also follow this journey through my YouTube vlogs. Just search for me, Nathan Haymaker (that's the name of the channel too) Thanks!

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Welcome Bro. The more active you are, the more feedback you'll get. There's a GREAT group of guys here, and we all support each other.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Cool name, now make this a cool journal ... I'll be checking in.

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
What's your lifting split look like?

Haymaker

Haymaker

Oct 21, 2015
welcome to tid
I just laid down some of my best, most entertaining and inspiring words to incite excitement and build anticipation and all you got is... welcome to tid? Lol, just kidding, thanks Bro.

Welcome Bro. The more active you are, the more feedback you'll get. There's a GREAT group of guys here, and we all support each other.
I plan on being extremely active and I can tell there's a lot of support around here, I can't wait to insert myself into it.

Cool name, now make this a cool journal ... I'll be checking in.
Thank you, and please do, I love being pushed... not literally though, don't touch me, lol.

What's your lifting split look like?
1st day- Chest & Shoulders
2nd day- Back & Biceps
3rd day- Legs

I know that's pretty simple but I'm switching the splits constantly and this is kind of my "homebase" or where I keep coming back to before trying more exotic, complicated splits.

Nice post, great start brother!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Haymaker

Haymaker

Oct 21, 2015
CHEST AND SHOULDERS

INCLINE BENCH PRESS- 135lbs x10 - 155lbs x10 x10 x10 - 165lbs x9
^superset>INCLINE DB PRESS- 50lbs x10 x10 x10 x10 x10
CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS- 115lbs x10 x10 x10 x8 x8
^superset>PUSHUPS- x10 x10 x10 x10 x10
REVERSE GRIP BENCH PRESS- 95lbs x10 x10 x10 x9 x8
^superset>DIPS- x10 x10 x10 x10 x10
ALT FRONT & BACK SHOULDER PRESS- 65lbs x10 - 75lbs x8 x8 - 85lbs x6
^superset>PLATE RAISE- 45lbs x20 x15 x15 x15

That's it! I hope that's easy to understand, I struggled with making it look neat and make sense. Anyway it was a really good workout for me, I feel great. It was mostly chest as you may notice by the time I hit shoulder press I was seriously running out of steam. I'm kind of focused on chest though because I think it's my most lacking feature genetically. I've never had a chest, in fact I had a sort of reverse chest. I have really wide shoulders and growing up I had the worst growing pains in my chest, I think my bone structure there is a little weird or something if that makes sense But I'm gonna overcome it through sheer force of will if I have to and I swear before all in this forum I will make my chest my best damn feature! Well, my arms always look pretty good too, lol. I think my arms are probably my best feature by contrast, always have been. Holy shit I'm rambling...

So as you can see I like supersets, the whole workout took about 90 minutes which is average for me, I planned on doing more shoulders but got to tired, next chest and shoulders day I may concentrate on shoulders... MAY...

Last edited:
JoeFriday

JoeFriday

MuscleHead
Mar 21, 2014
Ramble all you want. This is your post. :D

Haymaker

Haymaker

Oct 21, 2015
Great intro!! :)
Thanks! I felt inspired, it must be this forum, or you people, or pre-workout... lol, I don't take any pre-workout actually. Oh maybe I should mention that.

I drink a Protein shake immediately after every workout, 2 scoops of ON Gold standard (24g of protein per scoop). I don't take any pre-workout, intra-workout or anything else. I try to eat well and that's it. I don't touch any kind of steroid or test or HGH or anything else I know nothing about, I definitely don't have a problem with it or anything it's just not part of my world.

Ramble all you want. This is your post. :D
Damn right!

EDIT- and holy shit Joe I didn't know there was anything south of Corpus... except Mexico.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the den haymaker. Nice intro but can I get the cliffs for that? J/k

Looks like you have got quite a bit of energy going into this. Expecting to see some good progress soon.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic