Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

The Book Thread

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Chuck Palaniuk is good money too: Fight Club, Snuff, Rant... fast-paced, vulgar and well-written.

They are who I've been reading lately...

If you like Chuck Palaniuk check out Harry Crews who influenced Palaniuk and many others in popular culture . He has a reader which is a good starting place called " Classic Crews " . Another is called " Body " about a BB contest , but if you read the obituary below it sums him up well .

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/apr/10/harry-crews

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Rereading: Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky
It has amazing insights into the present state of human nature.

I read that last Summer . [h=1]I was thinking to try The Brothers Karamazov have you read it ? Vonnegut said of it in Slaughter house 5 :

“There is one other book, that can teach you everything you need to know about life... it's The Brothers Karamazov , but it's not enough any more "[/h]

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
The most recent book I read was an investing book for dummies. I really enjoyed it. It taught me a lot of the terminology that I would see people use.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I read that last Summer . [h=1]I was thinking to try The Brothers Karamazov have you read it ? Vonnegut said of it in Slaughter house 5 :

“There is one other book, that can teach you everything you need to know about life... it's The Brothers Karamazov , but it's not enough any more "[/h]

Brothers Karamazov is an excellent read!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man this thread is having some awesome feedback. I'm gonna have to check some of these out 1 by 1. Thanks for all the input guys.

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
I just recently started reading again myself. I'm currently re-reading 1984.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I read lots of stuff that most aren't interested in - mainly business / financial and investment related stuff.

For light reading, I've always been into true crime and Mafia stuff. Motivational stuff as well.

I grabbed this at the library the other day after seeing this guy on tv recently, and I read it all from cover to cover in about half a day. Guy made a huge fortune in the Columbo family by setting up phony corporations and ripping the govt off on gasoline taxes. :D

He gets a little "preachy" at the end for my taste, but his story is fascinating:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Covenant-Michael-Franzese/dp/0883688670

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I read lots of stuff that most aren't interested in - mainly business / financial and investment related stuff.

For light reading, I've always been into true crime and Mafia stuff. Motivational stuff as well.

I grabbed this at the library the other day after seeing this guy on tv recently, and I read it all from cover to cover in about half a day. Guy made a huge fortune in the Columbo family by setting up phony corporations and ripping the govt off on gasoline taxes. :D

He gets a little "preachy" at the end for my taste, but his story is fascinating:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Covenant-Michael-Franzese/dp/0883688670

Man I would love to read about that. I've been interested in the Colombo family history lately. I might have to check that out. I be tints interesting as hell.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
If you like action type books try Lee Child and Vince Flynn.

If you havent already read the series, the Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy is great too.
Make sure you start with the first one Girl with the dragon tattoo.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
If you like action type books try Lee Child and Vince Flynn.

If you havent already read the series, the Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy is great too.
Make sure you start with the first one Girl with the dragon tattoo.

I've heard this series is really good. I might look Into that. I just ordered "No Easy Day" the story of the seal team that got Osama Bin Laden. Really looking forward to reading this one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic