Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

The Book Thread

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Any readers on the den? I recently picked it back up. I've always loved reading just haven't had time. I just finished American Sniper, the Chris Kyle story last night. I love every page of it. I really enjoy autobiographies and military related readings. I like to read books that transfer over to real world, not necessary fictional stuff. I'd rather watch the movies to those.

Have you read any good books lately? In looking to pick something else up, any recommendations?

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Yep, I'll read voraciously about 6 books or so then drop for a while...
Tom Clancy types, sci-fi are my favorites...
I used to buy lots of hard bound, but since having a Nook and now a Kindle, downloads are so much cheaper

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I have the Kindle app and an iPad. Mainly read military history and non-fiction.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Yep, I'll read voraciously about 6 books or so then drop for a while...
Tom Clancy types, sci-fi are my favorites...
I used to buy lots of hard bound, but since having a Nook and now a Kindle, downloads are so much cheaper

I'd like to get into the Tom Clancy. I think I would enjoy his books. I'd like to read Marcus Luttrell's book that the movie Lone Survivor was made from. I'd say it's a lot better.

I'm still old school, I like the regular ole books and will pay more for them. I don't like reading in tablets

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I think you'd like Clancy books... He has the Jack Ryan stories but also some great technical reads as well...

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Rereading: Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky
It has amazing insights into the present state of human nature.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I don't read as much as I used to or as much as I would like, but I love horror novels, especially Stephen King.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I like to read non- fiction of intense rivals in succession. Like American Prometheus, a book about Robert J Oppenheimer--followed by Edward Teller's memoirs. Two men...responsible for the nuclear age...that hated the hell out of each other.

Either book may or may not be interesting by itself, but it adds a new level of interest when you read the opposing view of the same historical event.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I like to read non- fiction of intense rivals in succession. Like American Prometheus, a book about Robert J Oppenheimer--followed by Edward Teller's memoirs. Two men...responsible for the nuclear age...that hated the hell out of each other.

Either book may or may not be interesting by itself, but it adds a new level of interest when you read the opposing view of the same historical event.

This definitely sounds like the stuff I like to read. Anyone ever heard of the bluegrass conspiracy?

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
This definitely sounds like the stuff I like to read. Anyone ever heard of the bluegrass conspiracy?

I ended up watching a show dedicated to this a few years ago on MSNBC. Unbelievable stuff. Sex, lies, drugs, money, and bears overdosing on cocaine. All you can handle bro.

l'd read about it if I could find a title.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I ended up watching a show dedicated to this a few years ago on MSNBC. Unbelievable stuff. Sex, lies, drugs, money, and bears overdosing on cocaine. All you can handle bro.

l'd read about it if I could find a title.

I haven't read the story but have heard a lot about it being from ky. Here's a link to the book about the story.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0595196667/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?pc_redir=T1

I hate to read on kindles, but I may buy this one on my wife's kindle to read. It's cheap. I'd like to read the actually story and not base my knowledge of it off of what I've heard. I believe try actually made a film about this too.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
A bit outside of the box from what has been mentioned, but a great author is Neil Gaiman.
He has some amazing stories: American Gods, Anansi Boys... extremely well-written but not too challenging.

Chuck Palaniuk is good money too: Fight Club, Snuff, Rant... fast-paced, vulgar and well-written.

They are who I've been reading lately...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic