Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

THE best exercise for inner upper chest seperation

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
Lets hear it guys what makes it possible for making that sick seperation between upper inner pecs and making them pop! The problem I have is that my outer pecs and lower pecs are thick but start to cave in towards the middle.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
In there and outer chest is going to be a matter of genetics and low body fat. The muscle fibers run horizontally, so if the inner contracts, the outer naturally Contracts with it.

As for upper and lower chest, this is an interesting topic because based on opinion and studies Can show two very different things. Four instance, classic incline barbell press incorporates a lot more shoulder recruitment than decline. In several studies, it showed that decline actually targeted upper chest more than incline press did because of this.

Give decline a shot for about 16 or more weeks and see if that makes a difference.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Pec deck with the seat all the way down....will hit the front delts too but if you squeeze with the elbows and not with your wrists (think about it) you'll contract the upper chest area.

Incline cable flies.

DB incline flies.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Get bigger overall.....and get leaner.

There is no "inner chest" muscle.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Pec deck with the seat all the way down....will hit the front delts too but if you squeeze with the elbows and not with your wrists (think about it) you'll contract the upper chest area.Incline cable flies.DB incline flies.
^^^this... keep your hands even with your ears and stretch it DEEEP... use medium weight and do 4-5 sets ar 20-30 reps...

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
It's a bit like saying " best exercise for striated glutes " , it's a matter of conditioning to see separation so keep getting leaner and eventually it will show .

Having said that when I started training my chest was structurally very similar to what you describe and I think the hollowness in the middle can be filled out by close- grip bench press and really squeezing that area together at the end of DB flyes and presses . I say DB's cause you can really twist them around for a peak contraction .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic