Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Hey bros, been off the boards for a minute, I'm usually all over the place during the summer so not much time to post, but I've been on the Anabolic Diet now for about 2 months now, and I gotta say this diet rocks! I honestly recomend The Anabolic Diet for anybody trying to lean out while keeping size, especially natties. I seriously laugh at the stuff I'm eating on a daily basis and I keep getting leaner, the only thing that is really hard is the first part of the diet, going low carb for a few weeks straight with no carb up until you system adjusts, not gonna lie I felt like shit, but now since I feel that my body has a adjusted and I've had a couple carb up weekends, I feel great. It's not as strict as the Palumbo diet, but I think the Palumbo diet would be ideal to use during a cutting phase, right now I'm doing a maintinance phase, and I'm getting leaner and leaner and I'm taking in around 3,000 cals a day, not bad.

Anyone else been on The Anabolic Diet? Any thoughts? Recomendations (food recipes/supplements)?

athens

athens

May 16, 2011
Couple of things about the Anabolic Diet.
#1. You don't need to stay at 30Gm Carbs on your low carb days. You can adjust up until you feel good. Only do this after your phase shift 2 weeks are over.
#2. The weekends are not a free for all like the book "kinda" leads you to believe. I would only carb up for 1 day for 12 hours or until you start to soften up.
#3. Watch the kinds of fats you use. The book leads you to believe you can eat all kinds of crappy saturated fat foods. I did this at first then dropped the bad fat processed foods and felt better.
#4. Vegetables. I think you can eat more vegetables than the book leads you to believe and still lose weight. I didn't count the carbs in "most" veggies.

The book overall is good with great advice on a great diet. But there are parts that are kind of confusing. The good thing about the anabolic diet is it's not a cookie cutter diet. It can be tweeked here and there for each individual.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Anabolic Diet = fancy name for CKD.

I'm a veteran of this diet, having done it 4-5 times for 3-5 months at a time. It works. There are opponents to this diet, like any other, but for me it works.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
II beat me to it.

I prefer TKD and most veg don't really count because most of the carbs are fibrous unless we talk about specifics like onions and carrots.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hey bros, been off the boards for a minute, I'm usually all over the place during the summer so not much time to post, but I've been on the Anabolic Diet now for about 2 months now, and I gotta say this diet rocks! I honestly recomend The Anabolic Diet for anybody trying to lean out while keeping size, especially natties. I seriously laugh at the stuff I'm eating on a daily basis and I keep getting leaner, the only thing that is really hard is the first part of the diet, going low carb for a few weeks straight with no carb up until you system adjusts, not gonna lie I felt like shit, but now since I feel that my body has a adjusted and I've had a couple carb up weekends, I feel great. It's not as strict as the Palumbo diet, but I think the Palumbo diet would be ideal to use during a cutting phase, right now I'm doing a maintinance phase, and I'm getting leaner and leaner and I'm taking in around 3,000 cals a day, not bad. Anyways heres a decent site to check out if you want a little more info about this diet, honestly I feel this diet is something I can easily stay on year round.

Anyone else been on The Anabolic Diet? Any thoughts? Recomendations (food recipes/supplements)?

Anabolic Diet 101: The Definite Anabolic Diet Guide | StrongLifts.com

I know what you mean by you laugh at some of the stuff you eat... I love CKD :D

Athens makes great points. I particularly agree with the point about the quality of the fats.

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
Like what im reading as I just started the Anabolic Diet a few days ago myself. I been eating nothing but hamburger, sausages, eggs, cheese, pepperoni, stuff like that.. I still feel hungry or as if im never full all the time is the only downside I see to it so far and I hope that goes away as I adjust to the diet..

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Ive had excellent progress with the anabolic diet. My progress was montiored with bodpod bodyfat testing throughout and can say that I previously dropped near 60 lbs with only 10% coming from lbm naturally. Adding supplements to the diet helped protect muscle loss even further. On TKD type diets Ive seen up to 25% come from LBM.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic