Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Test levels for hpta shutdown

E

edgard

Dec 19, 2012
If the hpta is shutdown does it meen test levels should be less than the normal range?

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
I guess it would depend on why and/or what is causing the hpta to be shutdown. I mean, if someone were to inject 2000mg/week of Test., then it's quite possible that their hpta could be shutdown while their Test. levels were sky high...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If the hpta is shutdown does it meen test levels should be less than the normal range?
If you are not taking testosterone as a drug then yes they should be low.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

You got good answers above. Typically, if your HPTA is shutdown, that means your body's natural production of testosterone is no longer operating. That could be due to a problem, hypogonadism, or alternatively could be because you're taking exogenous testosterone at an amount that is causing your body's natural production to stop working because it sees the high level and tells the body to wait until the test levels in the blood fall below some internal threshold.

E

edgard

Dec 19, 2012
I meen after one does pct and did blood work and test levels are at the low range example 280-800 is the range if its 350 at age of 31 does it meen its shutdown and it cant me restored or its not shitdown but needs alot more time to get higher

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
You're not fully shut down .. If that were the case you would have next to 0 ng/dl test... Your test level is not optimal .. It may be that you just need more time or it also could be that this is the most you will recover ... What did your PCT look like if you don't mind detailing the protocol you followed

E

edgard

Dec 19, 2012
During cycle was taking hcg and after cycle i took 2 shots 1500iu and then started nolv for 10 weeks and clomid for 4 weeks and aromazin and daa. I took this long becus ive read that a big long cycpe needs ling pct like this my cycpe was 4 month long ( test tbol winni masteron eq)

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
I meen after one does pct and did blood work and test levels are at the low range example 280-800 is the range if its 350 at age of 31 does it meen its shutdown and it cant me restored or its not shitdown but needs alot more time to get higher

What was your levels pre-cycle?

mands

E

edgard

Dec 19, 2012
For the last 2 years this was my levels after pct i do only 1 cycle of 4 month a year in summer and stop for 8 month and my test levels wouldent go over 350 so i thought im shutdown but if im wrong and im not shutdown i will wait li ger this year to give it more time to recover and get higher. Well ive asked doctors and apperently they dont have straight answer so im not convinced and all of them wants to put me on trt and i dont want that if iam not shutdown

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
It's really not surprising your doctor(s) don't have a straight answer to give you, since Test. levels are somewhat of an art as opposed to an exact science. And, since you're throwing in a 4 month cycle every year, that's going to skew your results even more. Your age is also a factor in the entire equation. Anyway, I think the only way you're going to figure out exactly what's going on is to not do a cycle for a year or so and see where your Test. levels are at. It's quite possible you have naturally low Test. production and/or have some done some permanent "damage" to your hpta system due to your previous cycles...Good luck...

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
If your hpta shuts down, doesn't that mean not only your testoserone would be low, but petuitary and thyroid outputs, too? If so, wouldn't you have potentially serious side effects?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic