Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Taking my shot at 56

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
Hey all,
When I was about 13 I saw a Charles Atlas ad for his training course and I new then I wanted to be like that. I asked my parents to buy it for me and they refused, said it was bad for me. I started exercising all the time, tons and tons of situps, pushups, chin-ups, and I even made some barbells from a pipe and bricks. I ate raw eggs by the dozens, ran 5 miles a day most days and continued exercising regularly until I got married at 19 and then I stopped. I didn't loose the dream but I damn sure lost sight of it... until I got divorced. At that time I had left the foothills of the Smokies and was living in CA where it's easy to find a gym. I hit the gym hard everyday, upper body one day, lower the next. Using only protein supplements I put 3" in my chest in three months. Then I met a girl... That was in my late 20s. I've hit the gym a few short periods over the years but alas, age as taken it's toll. A few months ago I saw an ad with Dr. Life and a fire sparked. Holy shit I thought, if he can do that, I can do too. I'm 56 and unlike Dr. Life... I wanna be a monster!! I know it is going to take time due to my recovery time and I know that due to deterioration in my lower back that I am going to have limitations but I've seen my body respond well to the past month of maxing out on my bowflex. I started some research on certain peptides about a month ago and I'm already starting to observe small but positive indications of regeneration. I'm interested in adding some new gear into my research and I've been doing a lot of research lately. That's what brought me here. The real motivator is that I have lost all interest in sex. Guys, I used to be a machine! WTF happed to me? I went to my doc and explained I exhibit all the signs of lowT but the blood test showed I was in the mid 400s and he said I was in the normal range and couldn't do anything for me. He pissed me off. I looked into hormone replacement clinics, are they insane??? It cost HOW MUCH?? They pissed me off. I decided to do my own damn routine and as I researched I came to realize that I missed my dream. I still want to be a bodybuilder. Why settle for feeling a bit younger when I can feel and look IMPRESSIVE? I could use a mentor or just general guidance. I can read for weeks and still miss important information. I'm going to continue to work my bowflex for now but I've already outgrown it in some sets so I'll be getting a gym membership in a few weeks so I can continue to max out on my sets. It's good to be here and I hope to get to know some of you. BTW, I'm 56 years old, 5'9" and holding at 193lbs. I don't know my body fat % but I prolly wouldn't want to say if I did. :D Thanks

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den. No reason you can get into kick ass shape at almost any age.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Welcome to TID....Nice intro ...lots of older guys here..im 48 myself... mid 400,s is low enough for trt..i would shop another doc..

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Welcome man !

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
Welcome to TID....Nice intro ...lots of older guys here..im 48 myself... mid 400,s is low enough for trt..i would shop another doc..

Thanks. Small WY town here. Not many options. I can get test on my insurance for $20 for 90 day supply. Can't get a script! Oh well, I'm a tru blu DIYer anyway.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Welcome to the den. Glad to have ya

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Welcome....I too am 56 and I have never in my life been in better shape....here to help! Ken

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
I'm impressed. Good for you, brother. Give it hell. And to that end, we are all here to help you.

If your test is above 400 at your age, a doctor is not going to put you on hrt/trt. He's right - you're in range, which is not to say that the mid 400's is a satisfactory place to be. it isn't. So I'd make that a priority item if I were you - raise the level.

in the meantime, welcome to the den.

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
I'm impressed. Good for you, brother. Give it hell. And to that end, we are all here to help you.

If your test is above 400 at your age, a doctor is not going to put you on hrt/trt. He's right - you're in range, which is not to say that the mid 400's is a satisfactory place to be. it isn't. So I'd make that a priority item if I were you - raise the level.

in the meantime, welcome to the den.

Thanks for the encouragement. Raise it I will. I just want to do it right. I'm here to learn and GROW.

fleem

fleem

Mar 15, 2013
Welcome to The Den, 56er!

I'm in my 40s, so not a spring chicken anymore. There's plenty of posts here that are written clearly to help you educate yourself. My 2 cents is to get your diet straight (food is THE best anabolic and/or cutting agent), join a gym and hit the freeweights (but don't overdo it at first b/c injuries don't heal as fast anymore), keep the orals to a minimum (b/c your liver isn't 19 anymore) utilize test and have regular bloodwork. Grow and have fun!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic