Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Taking it To a New level

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I agree with you in saying that Humalog is a bitch to find, so you can walk into walmart and buy a bottle of Humulin? I feel like my friend fucked me over then lol with price of course.

Anywho SAD, ill look into Karbolyn, isnt injecting pre-workout more dangerous? I thought PWO would be more manageable, not arguing just asking questions thats all.

You can buy Humulin R on Amazon for pretty cheap.

As far as PRW being more dangerous, yes. But IMO, slin is only dangerous if you are A.) abusing it and/or B.) don't take precautions to keep blood sugar up. Start out overly cautious and then SLOWLY bring the carbs down to a point where you just barely feel signs of hypoglycemia. This way you may start out gaining a little extra bodyfat, but once you figure out the precise amount of carbs that are right for you, you will keep fat gain minimal. Especially if you decide to pin PRW, fat gain can be really minimized.

I tried Mutant's protocol that Mayo posted and it was too many filling shakes for me. I found that my ideal dose was 6-8iu pinned 1 hour PRW, with 5-6grams of carbs per iu and creatine/glutamine/bcaas/eaas, slammed immediately after pinning. 30 minutes later, I'd have a preworkout drink like Muscle Marinade or whatever, with beta alanine and taurine and arginine. During my workout I would sip on BCAAs and EAAs, and if I felt the least bit shaky or hypo, I would chew on some Dextrose tablets that you can and SHOULD buy cheap at CVS. I had a bottle of dextrose tablets everywhere..... car, house, gym bag, truck, briefcase. PWO I would have a normal shake content-wise, but double the ingredients. Then I would just eat like I normally would until the 3.5-4 hour mark, where I would have one last shake with 10-15 grams of Karbolyn and some BCAAs. I will be jumping back on this same regimen soon in an attempt to get over 260 before my winter bulking cycle.

This is just what worked for ME, it will not hold true for everyone. I started at 10-12grams of carbs per iu and SLOWLY worked my way down. Safely find out what works for you KBD.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010

As far as PRW being more dangerous, yes. But IMO, slin is only dangerous if you are A.) abusing it and/or B.) don't take precautions to keep blood sugar up. Start out overly cautious and then SLOWLY bring the carbs down to a point where you just barely feel signs of hypoglycemia. This way you may start out gaining a little extra bodyfat, but once you figure out the precise amount of carbs that are right for you, you will keep fat gain minimal. Especially if you decide to pin PRW, fat gain can be really minimized.

I tried Mutant's protocol that Mayo posted and it was too many filling shakes for me. I found that my ideal dose was 6-8iu pinned 1 hour PRW, with 5-6grams of carbs per iu and creatine/glutamine/bcaas/eaas, slammed immediately after pinning. 30 minutes later, I'd have a preworkout drink like Muscle Marinade or whatever, with beta alanine and taurine and arginine. During my workout I would sip on BCAAs and EAAs, and if I felt the least bit shaky or hypo, I would chew on some Dextrose tablets that you can and SHOULD buy cheap at CVS. I had a bottle of dextrose tablets everywhere..... car, house, gym bag, truck, briefcase. PWO I would have a normal shake content-wise, but double the ingredients. Then I would just eat like I normally would until the 3.5-4 hour mark, where I would have one last shake with 10-15 grams of Karbolyn and some BCAAs. I will be jumping back on this same regimen soon in an attempt to get over 260 before my winter bulking cycle.

This is just what worked for ME, it will not hold true for everyone. I started at 10-12grams of carbs per iu and SLOWLY worked my way down. Safely find out what works for you KBD.

Thanks for the post, what about if used with 10iu GH, should i worry about much fat gain?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It sure as hell won't hurt, but as you've already said, insulin really doesn't discriminate. It will slam your muscles AND fat storage with whatever you give it. At your age and your apparent metabolism, I wouldn't worry one bit about putting on a couple of pounds of fat. You obviously want to bulk, so don't overthink the fat thing too much. Just use the slin safely, and fucking GROW! Let it do what it does, and in a month or so you can drop it and shed the unwanted fat.

Reactions: KBD
fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010

Where did you get the protocol to shoot humilinR 1hr preworkout? Does it have a spike at 1hr? I'm going to do some research, but I know for humalog, you want to be in the gym during that first spike. I used log preworkout and loved it.

Also, KBD. I saw your post workout meal was 48oz of gatorade and a protein shake once you got into the car. That's fine, but that's a TON of liquid. You'd be better off, in my opinion, to pick up some dextrose and drink that in water than to sit there and drink 64oz of gatorade and protein shake.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
If you want to use gatorade go buy the little tubs of powder. That way you can make a really sugary drink but don't have to drink 48oz plus a shake. I would also say to look into Karbolyn and cream of wheat...or grits.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
KBD- GOOD LUCK, just find whomever the expert is on this- its not I , but if you are serious, keep us posted weekly- Insulin is the most anabolic substance and literally responsible for the freaks we see today, its the factor that separates yesterdays stars from todays- Just be carefule and monitor the timing of your carb feedings. Bump for who around is the insulin expert on the forums, cuz for as long as I been around I really dont know

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
My quick cliffs on Slin:

I prefer Hum R over Log and prefer to run it 30min PreWO and 15min after 5iu's GH (similar to Mutant's protocol) with dextrose/WPI shake. This gives the pump throughout the workout and also the benefits during PWO recovery.

You'll see much better results pinning slin 2x daily. I do 10iu's with breakfast (approx 100g carbs and 100g protein) then another 10iu's PreWO with 60g dextrose and 75g WPI.

Only pin on workout days

Start your carbs at 10grams per IU and work down as you feel comfortable. More carbs is always safer, but has more potential to store fat.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have glucose tabs with you at all times. I keep one in my pocket, one in my gym bag, one in the car, just to be sure.

It's also a good idea to buy a blood glucose meter to keep track of how the slin is affecting you. You can pick one up at walmart for about $8 plus about $10 for a pack of test strips. (No need to call Wilford Brimley)

It's also a good idea to have a training partner or someone you trust at the gym just to keep an eye on you if you dose PreWO. Hypo symptoms can come on very quickly and having someone else to point them out can save your life.

Slin has to be respected, but it's also a very powerful tool. The risks are much higher than AAS, but the muscle mass and strength gains can't even be compared to the most powerful androgens.

Be safe, train hard, and enjoy the ride!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Where did you get the protocol to shoot humilinR 1hr preworkout? Does it have a spike at 1hr? I'm going to do some research, but I know for humalog, you want to be in the gym during that first spike. I used log preworkout and loved it.

Also, KBD. I saw your post workout meal was 48oz of gatorade and a protein shake once you got into the car. That's fine, but that's a TON of liquid. You'd be better off, in my opinion, to pick up some dextrose and drink that in water than to sit there and drink 64oz of gatorade and protein shake.

Humulin R has an onset of action at 15-20 minutes (I don't fuck around with trying to time the first shake, I just take it immediately after pinning), a peak at 2-2.5 hours, and a second peak at 4-4.5 hours. I'm not too keen on having a peak while I'm working out because I already have issues with going hypo and I don't want the whole gym to see me go into a coma, lol. So if I pin it 1 hour PRW and then workout for an hour, I can start my PWO nutrition in the height of slin's effectiveness. And even though it's not peaking while I'm working out, it IS in effect, so it's already starting to flood my muscles with glutamine, BCAAs, EAAs, etc. I didn't get this protocol from anywhere, but protocols have to start somewhere right? :D

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
OW, SAD-

Thanks for the humilin info. It'll help me develop my own protocol to dabble in this slin as opposed to humalog. Ill prob pin it right before gym like I did with log.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
The timings on Humulin-r above look correct, i think it is out in 7 hours too. why not just take first shot first thing in AM and pound a shake then go about your day eating every 2 hours or so. take a second shot 5ish hours later. it is in you working all day and out of you by the time it is time to go to bed.....

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
OW, SAD-

Thanks for the humilin info. It'll help me develop my own protocol to dabble in this slin as opposed to humalog. Ill prob pin it right before gym like I did with log.
if you want to have humulin act pretty dam close to log then shoot it IV, but i do not recommend that at all. Some people i know do it that way tho...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic