jacobss
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
What does SYB stand for?

Also, if you do a meet, give me a pretty decent amount of notice and I will either head your way and compete as well. Look forward to seeing how this combo of SST and "what ever the hell PoB is calling his creation" work out for you.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
What does SYB stand for?

Also, if you do a meet, give me a pretty decent amount of notice and I will either head your way and compete as well. Look forward to seeing how this combo of SST and "what ever the hell PoB is calling his creation" work out for you.

I just combined my name and PoB's so SYB = Specialized Yoga Bully.

I'm also contemplating putting deadlifting 2x week in a future version. It would be an assisting lift and a main lift.

As for the meet, I'd like to do one but with school, work, SS, and other issues I don't know when it will happen. Hell, maybe I'll just go and do one. Not really peak for it but just get back on the platform and have some fun. It's been a long time since I've just had fun.

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I second with 4G said... I'd come compete with y'all two in a heart beat, peak or no peak.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Feb 4, 16 - Fluff Day

Well, like I said I'm doing my fuff day at my house. The subdivision gym has all cybex and hoist cabled equipment. I won't post the lifts b/c it's fluff so honestly... who cares. I know it does have to be done but it's all machine work so I'll spare everyone the details.

I will say I train my back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and hamstrings... so wide grip pulldowns, hanging side laterals, supersetted bar pressdown & DB curl, and seated leg curls.

There a couple variations for each lift so it should work out well. I'll put GM's (banded) in my warm ups and I'll probably put 2 sets in one of my main days b/c I don't want to stop doing them.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Update....

One thing I've decided to do with this program is... If I'm not feeling one my max effort day (my day of singles), I'll substitute the overload single (reverse band single) for fatigue drop singles. So, if I choose to perform the fatigue drop I'll perform 1 - 3 singles (until the lower single feels like the top set single).

Remember, normally I'll perform a reverse band single (an overload set) after my top single BUT if I'm not feeling 100% or if I'm training by myself I'll perform fatigue drop singles instead.... ie. Squat 605 for a single, then drop to 545 for more singles OR overload set of 645.

I'm trying to go with the whole... go with how you feel idea which is new to me but so far so good.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Update...

And my "speed" days (10 sets of 3 reps) aren't light like so many others do it. My speed day is with a lighter weight but it's still going to be grinding the weight but at a fast speed. It's bar weight and either band or chain weight.

Like I've said, this program is a new hybrid so there will be changes made to it as time goes on and as I see what works and what doesn't.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
What % do you believe your speeds to be? Just curious.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
What % do you believe your speeds to be? Just curious.

Bar weight is around 65% (63 - 67%) and with chains it's around 80% (77 - 82%).

So for example... for my pulls it'll be 365+85chain for 4(3), 380+85 for 3(3), and finally 395+85chain for 3(3). I'll also try to keep the rest down. The rest is dependent on how the bar is moving and how I'm feeling.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic