Rolanalon
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
That all sounds reasonable.

I'm enjoying doing the conjugate system.

Your squat/bench day looked great!!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
One thing I'm learning is that the heavier we get in our training.. the less we, or at least I, can do after the fact meaning I can't squat like I just did and expect to perform 3 or 4 more lifts. I think 3 main lifts in my training is right. Pulling heavy, squatting heavy, pressing heavy all take a toll and I have to remember that I need to be recovered so that I'm ready for the next training session. It's a fine line... train hard but not to hard so that I can recovery and be prepared for the following training session.

I used to think 3 days means I can put 4 or 5 lifts in and be ok... the truth is I was having to constantly adjust things b/c I would run out of steam which wouldn't allow me to get nearly as much out of it and the additional stress would just mean more time that would be needed for me to recover. I do believe we can increase our ability to recover... meaning with time increase our workload and volume but it's something we need to work on. As you may notice this new version of my training has me doing just that. I mean I never performed a main lift for 10 working sets of triples with chains or bands in the past. It's a ball buster for sure but in the end it'll increase my work capacity and allow me to put more weight on the bar which is what I'm working towards.
Great post ~ really beneficial to your training and overall lifting goals that you have became aware of this.

Glad to hear that you're starting to feel a little better.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That all sounds reasonable.

I'm enjoying doing the conjugate system.

Your squat/bench day looked great!!!

Yeah, the more time I spend under the bar the more I really learn what it's going to take to put up numbers that keep me up late at night... it's not an easy take putting 700 on my back but I believe it's fully attainable.

Great post ~ really beneficial to your training and overall lifting goals that you have became aware of this.

Glad to hear that you're starting to feel a little better.

So many believe it's just a matter of time and putting in enough hours but plans have to change as time goes. Prehab/rehab work have to be done regularly to allow the lifter to keep making gains. Even leverages and technique changes over time as the amount lifted changed. I mean I could squat 525 high bar, narrow stance but it wasn't till I switched to low bar, med stance to put myself in a better position to squat and I was able to squat 590 with just a belt and knee sleeves. You have to be able to make changes and adjustments to keep moving forward.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Jan 28, 16 - Bench/ Squat Day

Legs were still super sore... I mean crippling sore so I cut my paused squats short and also dropped the weight considerably. This should help flush my legs. I did some fluff to finish the training. I'll soak in epsom salt today and hopefully it'll help with this soreness.

Depending on how my legs feel, I may pull on Sat and not Friday. I'm supposed to squat and bench again on Sunday which was the reason for skipping floor press.

WAVE 1 WEEK 2
BENCH/ SQUAT DAY
Bench + chain (60lbs)~ bar x a lot, 95x15, 135x10, 185x5, 225+C x3, 225+C x3, 225+C x3, 225+C x3, 235+C x3, 235+C x3, 235+C x3, 245+C x3, 245+C x3, 245+C x2
Paused Squat (3 sec)~ 145x5, 145x5, 145x5, 235x5, 325x3, 325x3, 325x3, 375x3, 375x3​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm giving serious thought picking up the Rogue Infinity Mono attachment for my gym. We have the rack (it's bolted into the wall). The cage at the gym has cray high Jhooks which make it a bitch during the set up since I'm a low bar squatter.

The Mono attachment is something like $300 and it bolts into the rack. It would make squatting better for me... especially for those days when I have to squat by myself.

I could pick up a deadlift bar instead and that is the dilemma... which to choose since I can't have both. With me starting school this year I need to have 24/7 access and my current gym gives me that which is why I'm considering the mono attachment. It'll also help me work towards my 7 goal....

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Attachment.

Better safe than all jacked up.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Leave deadlift bars for the platform.

Squat the seven.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'm giving serious thought picking up the Rogue Infinity Mono attachment for my gym. We have the rack (it's bolted into the wall). The cage at the gym has cray high Jhooks which make it a bitch during the set up since I'm a low bar squatter.

The Mono attachment is something like $300 and it bolts into the rack. It would make squatting better for me... especially for those days when I have to squat by myself.

I could pick up a deadlift bar instead and that is the dilemma... which to choose since I can't have both. With me starting school this year I need to have 24/7 access and my current gym gives me that which is why I'm considering the mono attachment. It'll also help me work towards my 7 goal....

We have the Rogue Infinity Mono at our gym and it works great. It's not a real mono lift, but it is nearly as good once you get used to it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Attachment.

Better safe than all jacked up.

That's what I'm thinking too. It will also let someone else squat in the other cage and I can squat in the mono.

Leave deadlift bars for the platform.

Squat the seven.

Thanks. All in time... at least that's what I'm working towards.

We have the Rogue Infinity Mono at our gym and it works great. It's not a real mono lift, but it is nearly as good once you get used to it.

Yeah, I figured that. I've used a mono in the past (my PL gym has 2 elitefts mono's). I figure the rogue attachment will allow me to set up and not have to take 3 steps... 1 back, 2 back, and 3 (one foot) out... for my set up. This way get set, lift the bar, and then squat it.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
If you do get it, please PM me considering it also and would love to discuss.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic