Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Supplements...A waste?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
tillty do you read any of the articles you Cut & paste?

Lol that is funny!

For a person natural sups take a much larger place but to one on and never off less is needed.

Only an anal moron would run Tren / Test / Whatever and add creatine lol.

Then again this is a Powerlifters opinion because a BB'er cutting for a show on or off can use all the help they can to achieve low body fat with keeping as much muscle as possible.

W

weezy102

Mar 29, 2012
Whey
Creatine
Fish Oil
Multi
BCAAs
I agree with stuff like that. A family friend whose a good trainer said most supplements are really just a waste of money. And I also wondered what the effects dumping mass amounts of supplements in your body does. Some guys I know easily pay 150+ a month and most of its just wasted it may give you a slight advantage.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Whey
Creatine
Fish Oil
Multi
BCAAs
I agree with stuff like that. A family friend whose a good trainer said most supplements are really just a waste of money. And I also wondered what the effects dumping mass amounts of supplements in your body does. Some guys I know easily pay 150+ a month and most of its just wasted it may give you a slight advantage.

There's deff more crap than good out there IMO but like everyone here's saying there's some good ones that have there place... I wouldn't expect any of them to get me jacked tho...

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
OTC supps may- may- make a 2-3% difference in performance and results if your nutrition and training are spot on. Beyond that, they only make your wallet thinner. Sorry, but LMFAO at the idea that supplemental glutamine will make you anti-catabolic. -EK

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I always had good luck with OTC supps. THe basic's have always been a good addition

M

Meat

Mar 29, 2013
Pre workouts will change your life. Most already have creatine in them.
Whey Protein
BCAAs
Fish oil and multi vitamins.

Using these supps i have made tremendous gains. Definitely not a waste of money.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
I hadn't used any supps besides protein powders since the original hydroxycut was taken off the market. I figured it was all bullshit, especially since MuscleTech was advertising the "New and Improved hydroxy" without ephedra.
A friend sent me USP labs jacked3(which I haven't tried yet) and USP oxy elite. The original versions with DMMA in it. I guess since the company was sued and was/is catching heat from the feds that blamed the death of 2 soldiers on the supp. I thought it was gonna be garbage.
I took 2 caps of the oxy elite. ****. I felt like I was tweaking. I wasn't headed to the gym or anything...and think if I was headed there I would've turned around and gone home. I was so uncomfortable. It was much different than I remember ephedra being...which DMMA isn't. I had a few beers trying to just chill out. I didn't feel the 4 beers...but I did settle down some.
Another weird thing was that my nuts were aching and were sucking up into my stomach. ****. I soaked in a hot bath trying to relax them.
I'm not taking anymore oxyelite. I will try the jacked3d or whatever it is. It also has DMMA but I'm hoping it's combined with something different than the oxy and maybe I'll like it. I don't know.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
This is just my opinion, but I see a lot of you guys touting the benefit of a pre-workout. It's been my experience that if your nutrition is where it should be, there's not only no need, but nearly no benefit to taking a pre-workout, beyond the minimal creatine in it. Too many people rely on a powder, pill or juice instead of fixing their diets. -EK

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This is just my opinion, but I see a lot of you guys touting the benefit of a pre-workout. It's been my experience that if your nutrition is where it should be, there's not only no need, but nearly no benefit to taking a pre-workout, beyond the minimal creatine in it. Too many people rely on a powder, pill or juice instead of fixing their diets. -EK

That may be true for you. You didn't even touch on the caffeine or other stimulant elements of them. I arrive at work at 8am. I train at 7PM. Most times I need a boost. And you're not going to tell me I need to fix my diet. I weigh like a hundred pounds more than you and I'm 5'11" lol

Having said that I use a pre workout that had no stims. It's called N-gage and is put out by Helios Nutrition. I like it. Do I rely on it? Hell no. But why not throw everything you have at your training on top of the food you eat... Pretty sure it's why it is called a supplement.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
That may be true for you. You didn't even touch on the caffeine or other stimulant elements of them. I arrive at work at 8am. I train at 7PM. Most times I need a boost. And you're not going to tell me I need to fix my diet. I weigh like a hundred pounds more than you and I'm 5'11" lol

Having said that I use a pre workout that had no stims. It's called N-gage and is put out by Helios Nutrition. I like it. Do I rely on it? Hell no. But why not throw everything you have at your training on top of the food you eat... Pretty sure it's why it is called a supplement.

I'm really hesitant of any pre workouts. I've always been afraid that if I use it too often I might get used to It and have to keep increasing the dosage.

I have used jack 3d and it gave me a nice boost. But I stopped using it because I was scared of being dependent on it.

Idk how true or likely it is that you get used to the dosage or become dependent though. Just something that was on my mind.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic