Members
Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Supplements...A waste?

W

weezy102

Mar 29, 2012
I know there are a lot of guys who spend hundreds on supplements every month, I use to be one of them. Just wanted to hear thoughts on supplements in general, do you think they're harmful, do they really work, are illegal drugs more cost effective with the same risks. Just curious about others views on the matter.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
OTC supps, mostly a waste of money IMO.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I use many

Vit C
vit B
caffeine pills
liver pills
fish oil pills
tyrosine powder
green's powder
ephedrine
yohimbe
geranium caps
zma
5htp
gaba
vit D pills
st john's wort (very infrequently)
valerian root
creatine
protein powder

I think that's about it.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I know there are a lot of guys who spend hundreds on supplements every month, I use to be one of them. Just wanted to hear thoughts on supplements in general, do you think they're harmful, do they really work, are illegal drugs more cost effective with the same risks. Just curious about others views on the matter.

Kind of an akward statement. Pre workouts, proteins, vitamins, creatine..I think a lot of them have their useful place.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I've been kinda slacking on my supps, I get into these lil fazes were I use a shut load of supps an then jus fall off.....

Protien
Supper cissus
Taurine
Vit c
Men's daily
Jacked 3

To name a few...

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Some supplements are very useful, you just have to do your homework and pick your battles. Don't major on the minors when it comes to diet and supplements.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I tend to agree although I'm always using a couple (fish oil, multi, CoQ10).
Yeah some are worthwhile. The ones that do what they are supposed to do... But the overhyped ones are the ones that turn me off. In reality, I only use the following and that with no great consistency:

Whey
Creatine
Fish Oil
Multi
Pre-wo stim
BCAAs

tilltheend

tilltheend

MuscleHead
Nov 22, 2011
Supplements are a waste of money. The only thing you need are vitamins and things to boost your hormone output.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Supplements are a waste of money. The only thing you need are vitamins and things to boost your hormone output.

Agreed when it comes to BB'ing sup if your on gear if not Creatine, Beta A and Cissus are good.

Protein shakes are a waste IMO because when I stopped all this have x amount of shakes a day and replaced them with food is when I grew I did not grow on shakes.

Non BBing sup I currently take to aid in protein digestion are Papaya Emyme and Acidophilus.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
There are certain things that I consider "essential" in maintaining good health and strength, all in moderation of course. These include things that maintain organ and tissue health like vitamins, minerals, fish oils, etc. Just find a source that is as "natural" as possible and make sure it's a good quality raw product. Buying these things in bulk and capping them yourself or putting scoops into your drink can save you some good money. The stuff that we waste money on are the supplements that are "re-branded" as life changing. This includes pretty much any "supplement" by a certain company that rhymes with "Hustle Neck"...

The only supplements I buy are ones that are individual minerals or vitamins with a few exceptions. Stuff that includes several different vitamins/minerals together is ok, but for fish oils, red yeast rice, DHA, vitamin D, etc, I take all that stuff separately. Like I said, I buy the stuff in bulk from a place like purebulk.com and mix it together in a shake or other drink.

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
i believe in supplements..everyone has a different reaction to all of them..find something u like and work for u use it...my top 5

100 % isolate protein...help \me recover
glutamine...love cardio helps me to be not so catabolic
7 keto...helps my anabolic state i can eat more.. leans me out
Coleus Forskohlii...keeps my body fat low..i go on and off
Coffee...lol it works

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic