Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Supplement Q's

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
What about allergic reactions (even if not noticed by the user, milk products cause an allergic gut reaction) increasing inflammation?

Are you asking how to reduce this? Or if the enzyme has any effects? Anecdotally, not clinically.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for starting this thread diesel. Really glad to have your knowledge and experience on the board. I'll be checking this thread a lot and might pop a few questions in.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
A few questions.

With your experience in the supp industry, are there any legit companies around? Any ones we should stay away whose products are just complete bunk?

Thoughts on BCAAs, beneficial or waste of money. Was giving BCAAs by BodyTech, Vitamin Shop brand, as a gift and have been taking them. They are capsule form. I also have Dymatize unflavored BCAAs sitting in cupboard.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
A few questions.

With your experience in the supp industry, are there any legit companies around? Any ones we should stay away whose products are just complete bunk?

Thoughts on BCAAs, beneficial or waste of money. Was giving BCAAs by BodyTech, Vitamin Shop brand, as a gift and have been taking them. They are capsule form. I also have Dymatize unflavored BCAAs sitting in cupboard.

Almost every supplement company has solid and bunk products. Some brands Ill gladly recommend include PES, Serious Nutrition Solutions, Xtreme Formulations, Controlled Labs and Omega Sports.

BCAA's are beneficial on a cut, otherwise, I do not find them useful. BCAA's increase mTor for roughly 3 hours, and when mTor drops off cyclic amp kicks back in even stronger then it was prior. cAMP is a main fat burning pathway

If you have them, use them, aim for 5g Leucine pre workout to increase MPS

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
What is your opinion on greens products for general health? Does it have an alkalizing effect? Also, what is your opinion on super fruit products or antioxidants in general? Is any of this beneficial for a bodybuilder?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
What is your opinion on greens products for general health? Does it have an alkalizing effect? Also, what is your opinion on super fruit products or antioxidants in general? Is any of this beneficial for a bodybuilder?

I don't buy into all that alkalizing Dr. Oz BS, unless you have a preexisting medical condition that is a non-issue.

A greens product, or any antioxidant, is beneficial to everyone. Granted their diet is lacking and they understand the concept of regulating intake and collaborating that with their diet. Too much can turn pro-oxidant

Most bodybuilders diets are lacking, they think all they need is protein and carbs, they only focus on the macro nutrients. Big nutrients = big muscles tends to be the common mindset

Micros are often overlooked or forgotten

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Thanks for the cissus info. Do you think the Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM mix is worthwhile?

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
My question is whos brand of product is best for Intra workout nutrition?
I lack 100% getting nutrition during my workouts.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Thanks for the cissus info. Do you think the Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM mix is worthwhile?

If you're taking cissus and fish oil? I wouldnt bother with it

My question is whos brand of product is best for Intra workout nutrition?
I lack 100% getting nutrition during my workouts.

I'm not sure what you're asking, can you be more specific? BCAA's?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I guess we are all picking your brain lol what would you recommend for hair growth? I am taking biotin at the moment

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
No, I'm talking about pre and during training nutrition. Like this product attached. Some carbs and protein started 15 minutes before training and during work out session. Like this product.
http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma

I'm not sure what you're asking, can you be more specific? BCAA's?[/QUOTE]

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I guess we are all picking your brain lol what would you recommend for hair growth? I am taking biotin at the moment

Is it induced by something you are taking? or genetics?

No, I'm talking about pre and during training nutrition. Like this product attached. Some carbs and protein started 15 minutes before training and during work out session. Like this product.
http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma

Micromanaging is useless, it has been shown that meal timing, let alone nutrient timing, has 0 effect on body composition.

Same with the "anabolic window", which has been dismissed time and time again. Intermittent fasting is the perfect example

IIFYM

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic