Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Supplement Q's

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Hey Guys, I may have started off on the wrong foot. Woodwise went out of his way to PM me and talk things out, I wasnt responding the way I should have been on the forum. SAD also made me notice this (thanks guys)

For those of you wondering who the hell is this guy, I have a background in Physiology/Pharmacology and Organic Chem. I have worked for companies such as Axis Labs, Xtreme Formulations and currently Ogrestrength(start up business). I also do contracted formulating for certain companies that I cannot mention due to NDA's and other legally binding discretionary contracts. Basically, for my age, I've been around the block.

I'm here to answer any questions that you guys may have, reason being, 98% of the supplement industry is pure bullshit. I'm proud to be part of the 2% that will be honest about anything you ask, sometimes too honest.

So feel free, whether you want input about a single ingredient, an upcoming product, or even an array of hyped supplements. Ill be checking this thread daily

-Kyle

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
First off it takes a man to stand up and lay it out that you may have come on a little strong. Simple question. I trained natty for 33 years and to be honest other than protein supplements I felt that everything was bullshit. I was around for Hot Stuff, Cybergenics, bull testicles, glandulars, and the muscle sandwich. Honestly, if you are running gear, other than a pre-workout ( if you need it) is anything worth it? Ken

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Can you tell me a little more about the product cissus?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
First off it takes a man to stand up and lay it out that you may have come on a little strong. Simple question. I trained natty for 33 years and to be honest other than protein supplements I felt that everything was bullshit. I was around for Hot Stuff, Cybergenics, bull testicles, glandulars, and the muscle sandwich. Honestly, if you are running gear, other than a pre-workout ( if you need it) is anything worth it? Ken

Yes, but not in the aspect you're thinking. Muscle growth is dependent on nutrition, exercise and in most of our cases, steroids. The addition of a test booster or other hyped supplement has no place in a cycle.

Though, vitamins are still "supplements."

Ill be posting a thread in a little bit about what supplements should be in every guys cupboard, I find these to be useful on or off cycle.

Can you tell me a little more about the product cissus?

It's one of the very few proven joint supplements (en vivo@3g/day).

Not only that, but it has been shown to aid osteoporosis (it's a glucocorticoid antagonist in bone tissue [helps growth of bones]). The primary MOA appears to be analgesia, since perceived pain/exertion decreased while inflammatory markers remained unchanged.

While in vitro data seems to support osteoblast stimulation, this study shows that pain perception may be at the core of cissus' activity. This, along with prior data showing remarkable elevations in plasma serotonin in humans after cissus administration, shows that cissus quadrangaluris is neuroactive.

Also of note:

All subjects who were enrolled in the study received CQ (SuperCissus), 3200 mg daily. It should be noted that the intent of the investigators was to conduct the study as a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized trial; unfortunately, there was miscommunication with the contract manufacturer and all capsules received by investigators were identical and contained CQ. As this was not determined until after the study began, all subjects received capsules containing CQ, despite being informed that they would have a 50% chance of being assigned to placebo.

Cliffs:
Joint Pain/Bone Damage/Joint or ligament Repair = Cissus

Inflammation = Look elsewhere

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks I will be waiting....I do take "health supps" Orange Triad, Fish oils and Saw palmetto so I can piss like a teenager.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Thanks I will be waiting....I do take "health supps" Orange Triad, Fish oils and Saw palmetto so I can piss like a teenager.

I'd switch to a powdered multi, I think OT is in a powder now. Clinical data has shown increased uptake of micronutrients when ingested as a powder, compared to pill form.

Assuming you don't take BA or carnitine, I think powdered anavite is the best multi out there at the moment. If you do the math, it's a great deal for carnipure, carnosyn, and all those albion minerals including 400mg magnesium. The only other ones I'd consider are OT powder, Dr. Feelgood, and Athletic multi (capped, basic vitamins at a low price).

Edit - Im from Jersey too (sussex county)

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I'd switch to a powdered multi, I think OT is in a powder now. Clinical data has shown increased uptake of micronutrients when ingested as a powder, compared to pill form.

Assuming you don't take BA or carnitine, I think powdered anavite is the best multi out there at the moment. If you do the math, it's a great deal for carnipure, carnosyn, and all those albion minerals including 400mg magnesium. The only other ones I'd consider are OT powder, Dr. Feelgood, and Athletic multi (capped, basic vitamins at a low price).

Edit - Im from Jersey too (sussex county)

Good point....I was just going to try the powdered Anavite. Jersey Brother...I am from down near Philly.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Next time I meet up with Eric, G and Antoine from Universal Ill shoot you a message, its always cool to meet people you talk to regularly on a forum. And get a good lifting session in

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Next time I meet up with Eric, G and Antoine from Universal Ill shoot you a message, its always cool to meet people you talk to regularly on a forum. And get a good lifting session in

Sweet I have a chemist from Universal that trains at my gym. Big DL. Nice guy.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
From what I've read, all this "100% denatured" stuff if pure bull if it comes from milk or whey. But is there a product that substantially limits the denaturing, like native milk protein claims to do?

Also, what is the proper ratio for wpi/casein blends? Would a protease enzyme help?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
From what I've read, all this "100% denatured" stuff if pure bull if it comes from milk or whey. But is there a product that substantially limits the denaturing, like native milk protein claims to do?

Also, what is the proper ratio for wpi/casein blends? Would a protease enzyme help?

Previously denatured protein is moot, your stomach can handle either. The human body is rarely given enough credit, in addition, many forms of denaturation do allow refolding once the stimulus is removed.

50/50 Whey/Casein, I can post some studies if you'd like

Enzymes are only beneficial if the protein source is of low quality, and even then, it may only help with limiting GI distress. Uptake is dependent on many variables, none of which come in pill form

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
What about allergic reactions (even if not noticed by the user, milk products cause an allergic gut reaction) increasing inflammation?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic