Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Sumo or conventional Deadlift

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
This is what I am trying. I have always pulled 100lbs more conv. The reason I want some type of sumo is to get something out of a DL suit. I can't get anything from them conv. I will still pull both ways but I think the narrow sumo might work for me. I think everyone should try both and all variations. You wouldn't just use a flat bench and avoid incline and decline,wide grip etc. Hopefully they will all come up together one driving the other.

It's funny you say this because yes I completely avoid incline, decline, narrow grips because I don't compete in those positions. I only pull sumo these days, I use to train both and when I switched to just one I added a lot more to my total.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I can touch the top of my knees while standing, and not have to bend over. I think I'm good with conventional for awhile.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Either one is great. I use both. Whichever one you are stronger in, use as your main lift. Use the other as an accessory. Same with squats. Sumo can vary between a quad dominant stance or a hamstring dominant one. Try them all!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic