Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Suffered a minor stroke on Thursday

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
I was at work and just finished drinking one of those new energy drinks "Vegas Fuel". About a half hour later I started seizing from the neck up and having all kinds of muscle spasms. It subsided about 30 mins later and I went on thinking it was the drink that I had a bad reaction to. Well about 45 mins later the same thing happens and again I tough it out and continue to work while trying my best to hide it. Finally it became so bad I went to the ER. The cat scan revealed I suffered a small stroke. It was possible it happened several days prior and then the swelling set it off. I stayed in the hospital Thursday and Friday night and just got home earlier today. What a scary experience. All my blood work came back perfect and my BP was right on point. I have a followup to give more blood this coming week for further analysis. What a scary thing to go through. Thank God I'm ok. Being im only 31 it was an early age for someone like me to go through.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
So glad you're ok Yamaha, whatever you gotta do that get that squared away do it!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Very scary! Get off the energy drinks and take care of yourself .

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Damn bro, a stroke? sounds like more of a seizure to me.

Get a second opinion and keep on top of this! You need more than a Cat-Scan with this imo!

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Glad to hear you okay Yamaha!!
Just curious if you are on cycle.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Glad you are doing better. Thankfully it was a "minor" stroke, take care of yourself. Just curious, did they give you any meds like blood thinners?

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
WOW, I bet that was some scary shit, I am glad you are ok bro.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Glad you are doing better. Thankfully it was a "minor" stroke, take care of yourself. Just curious, did they give you any meds like blood thinners?

No since this was my first one (hopefully only one) protocol is to not give out any meds what so ever.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Glad to hear you okay Yamaha!!
Just curious if you are on cycle.

Yes I am on cycle as well and made the doctors well aware of that. They told me that there could be a slight possibility that when lifting heavy, my BP was raised too high and I had a stroke without realizing it and it took a couple days to swell in my brain. Scary thing that they cant pinpoint it.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Damn bro, a stroke? sounds like more of a seizure to me.

Get a second opinion and keep on top of this! You need more than a Cat-Scan with this imo!

Unfortunately I cannot have more then a cat scan. No MRI for me because of all the metal in my head from my motorcycle accident a few years ago.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Take care, brother. Scary shit!

Drink plenty of water...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic