Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Stuck in a rut

mupfo

mupfo

Nov 22, 2011
My measurements.....neck 14 3/4 shoulders 46, chest 42 3/4, waist 36 1/2, hips 45, thighs 26 1/2 calves 16 1/2, arms 15 BMI 30. I am 5ft 6in and weigh 200. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week and don't eat over 1500 calories a day. As far as cardio, about 20 min or so while I'm at the gym..just a little frustrated on why I'm still this size. Would like for my muscles to be more defined and possibly drop a few pounds....I am a female by the way..can anyone help me out I need some advice.:((

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Variety is the spice of life, try changing your training program to something your body hasnt seen ever or for at least a very long time.
Next pic over your diet and see what you can do to improve it.

mupfo

mupfo

Nov 22, 2011
Will do! I guess I should pick up my cardio, but I have a little trouble with my knee.....

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Will do! I guess I should pick up my cardio, but I have a little trouble with my knee.....

Theres usually some tweaking with diet/training/cardio we all have to do once in a while to keep gains coming.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Tons of different programs out there intensity and increased volume will turn up the metabolism a bit. Also want to think about how you eat the 1500 cals I eat 6 meals a day again something else to get the metabolism moving.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If your knee bothers you try other forms of cardio besides the god awful treadmill... You can flip a big tire like Halo does and then beat it with a sledge hammer; you can jump rope, you can use a rowing machine, you can hit a punching bag... Get creative!!!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
walking on the treadmill at an incline is a great way to get in some extra cardio that isnt too horrible. even at 3.0mph you can burn some significant calories and it is easier to do for long periods of time vs actually jogging on it.

post up your diet and that will help other to give you advice in that area.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
walking on the treadmill at an incline is a great way to get in some extra cardio that isnt too horrible. even at 3.0mph you can burn some significant calories and it is easier to do for long periods of time vs actually jogging on it.

post up your diet and that will help other to give you advice in that area.

Good advice, is what we do along with the good ol stair-stepper to! lol

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
hello mupfo!! knee issues are my specialty, in the pain dept. that is...i personally make no excuses, take no prisoners..please, please, please, no my knee hurts so i cant. you dont give an in-depth detail about your knee, so, i will say screw it and just do it!!welcome aboard!

mupfo

mupfo

Nov 22, 2011
Drink at least 48oz of water a day never any soft drinks or anything like that, lots of tuna and turkey for my lunches. We grill everything, so mostly chicken I use ground turkey instead of beef. Mostly fruit for my snack. Breakfast....I'm off the protein shake for a while....I juice a carrot and celery stalk and tomato juice now for breakfast and an omelet if I'm not running short on time. I don't want to be a "body builder" just would like for my muscles to be more defined. I had a trainer coach me in the right directions on the weight lifting, just feel like it's not all coming together........

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Drink at least 48oz of water a day never any soft drinks or anything like that, lots of tuna and turkey for my lunches. We grill everything, so mostly chicken I use ground turkey instead of beef. Mostly fruit for my snack. Breakfast....I'm off the protein shake for a while....I juice a carrot and celery stalk and tomato juice now for breakfast and an omelet if I'm not running short on time. I don't want to be a "body builder" just would like for my muscles to be more defined. I had a trainer coach me in the right directions on the weight lifting, just feel like it's not all coming together........

Have you had a complete thyroid Thyroid Panel (TSH, T4, Free T4, Free T3)
and hormone panel run?

PCOS is another thing that will make weight loss tuff to if you have that problem.

Last edited:
mupfo

mupfo

Nov 22, 2011
I have..it showed my thyroid was fine, the only thing that was off a little was my testosterone[spelling???] was a low but thats about it. I had horomone pellets for a while but had to quit because my insurance wouldn't cover..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic