Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Strength Increases in 5 Week Blasts?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've got a friend who does crossfit on a national level, but he needs to get stronger this summer. He wants me to set him up with a powerlifting routine that he can blast for about 5 weeks, and then transition to deload/conditioning for 5 weeks, and then repeat. He needs to gain as much strength as possible without sabotaging his cardio.

I was thinking a Sheiko routine, but don't know which number would be best.

POB, what's your take, aside from crossfit being gay, lol.

Anybody else with any suggestions, thoughts, etc, please feel free.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Should have titled this "Strength increases in 5 week blasts" instead of what it is. Makes it sound like an anabolics question.

Any mod care to change the title for me? It would be appreciated.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was going to suggest he run a S.H.I.C. which are 4-6 weeks.

I don't know all the different Sheiko numbers. He'll probably want to watch out going to heavy if he's natty b/c the volume could lead to an injury. I'd suggest he run one of the beginner programs like #29.

Reactions: SAD
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Cross fit is ghey. Now that this has been cleared up:

Sheiko definitely comes to mind. 4 weeks plus a deload. There are also 5 week competition cycles. But another avenue to take could be smolov squat program. We all know squatting stronger makes you stronger all around. At least I hope we all know that. This would benefit him more in crossfit IMO than a general powerlifting routine. He'll get explosive as hell from this.

Smolov makes you look like this guy though

601516_426695584085448_915660706_n.jpg

He should expect to lose a bunch of his strength gains if he comes off the program, deloads and then started doing those ridiculous WOD's and 5 mile runs though which brings me back to my original point. Crossfit games is not conducive to maintaining strength. There is a reason they aren't big, strong, super explosive etc... They try to do it all. And by doing so they are great at none. Oh except injury as evidenced by this screen cap from the crossfit board:

188925_10151357312112406_1875248539_n.jpg

So to recap - run smolov.
http://stronglifts.com/how-to-add-100-pounds-to-your-squat-smolov/

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
POB, the phrase "jack of all trades but master of none" comes to mind when someone mentions CrossFit to me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
He also may want to looking into running a Oly lifting program for 4-5 weeks. Usually they are longer than that but he'll be squatting 3x week and actually doing more than just squatting.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic