Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Steroids when cutting

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
It sounds to me like you really enjoy the biking. It makes you feel good. If that is the case then maybe you shouldn't deprive yourself. Maybe increase the calories a bit to help combat the heaps of cardio. Life is short. If you love biking then bike.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My brother is a cyclist and it has been a nightmare keeping weight on him. Constantly adjusting his nutrition. 69nites helped with a training plan for him. Most of his gym time is spent smashing his legs with heavy weights and his legs are staying muscular. It's not easy though.

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
It sounds to me like you really enjoy the biking. It makes you feel good. If that is the case then maybe you shouldn't deprive yourself. Maybe increase the calories a bit to help combat the heaps of cardio. Life is short. If you love biking then bike.
I always figured legs would get bigger. look at some cyclists legs, they're like trees. Is 4-6hrs of cardio a week heaps? seems pretty tame. I dont do tours, just go out for joyrides for an hour or two
My brother is a cyclist and it has been a nightmare keeping weight on him. Constantly adjusting his nutrition. 69nites helped with a training plan for him. Most of his gym time is spent smashing his legs with heavy weights and his legs are staying muscular. It's not easy though.
Should I be hitting legs harder? Ive actually been doing less sets on leg day because my legs are almost always a little sore. I usually keep my bike in high gear and try to push my bike out of starts and up inclines like this. I figured it would help growth. maybe keep it in low gear and keep my legs spinning?
Neither!! I guess i'm making an assumption about the guy with all the numbers in his name.

I'm the DocD that you "know".

like I said;)

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I guess it depends on your goals. For me, 4-6 hours cardio per week is full on contest prep get lean at all costs. If it is your goal to maintain mass than this is heaps.

Maybe you can adjust the way you bike to be more like high intensity intervals? This should, in theory, help spare or even build muscle. It's the long steady state we are trying to avoid.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic