Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Steroids when cutting

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
Maybe this is for another forum but here is my question. Ive been cutting for the past 7 weeks and just started to really dial in nutrition about 3 weeks ago. I am losing at a steady pace and I have actually gotten stronger up top. My cardio of choice is biking. I bike everyday for 20-30 min at a time, about 2-3x a day. some days i go at it for a few hours. Concern is this, my legs are getting a little smaller. obviously dropping calories and training will do this, but im not wanting to lose much as my leg were never ginourmous to begin with. I have some prop and anavar. I thought to use it once I got down to my bf goal. Now im thinking to use it to keep muscle while losing bf. Im pretty satisifed with my size as of now, im just not cool with the bf ive put on. continue to cut and deal with the loss in size after or run now and maintain gains? As of now, I plan to cut for another 2 months. thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Have you had any BF measurements done recently? How do you know you're losing muscle and not fat? The AAS won't help you maintain size on a cut since you're dropping mass regardless but it could help save your lbm if you're losing any. As you lose fat though your legs will get smaller in size since part of their composition is fat mass. Based on what you're saying I'd finish the cut then worry about adding more mass to them later.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
OMG!! ^ who is this guy?

Lmao Mugzy and POB invited me over from the sister forum. I've been using this name (minus the 123 part) for years now hahaha. You might be my long lost brother :p

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
maybe this os for another forum but here is my question. Ive been cutting for the past 7 weeks and just started to really dial in nutrition about 3 weeks ago. I am losing at a steady pace and I have actually gotten stronger up top. My cardio of choice is biking. I bike everyday for 20-30 min at a time, about 2-3x a day. some days i go at it for a few hours. Concern is this, my legs are getting a little smaller. obviously dropping calories and training will do this, but im not wanting to lose much as my leg were never ginourmous to begin with. I have some prop and anavar. I thought to use it once I got down to my bf goal. Now im thinking to use it to keep muscle while losing bf. Im pretty satisifed with my size as of now, im just not cool with the bf ive put on. continue to cut and deal with the loss in size after or run now and maintain gains? As of now, I plan to cut for another 2 months. thoughts?

Your doing way too much cardio. Rely a little more on your diet and a little less on your cardio. If you went the AAS route, would this be your first cycle?

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Please provide much more detail.
Starting BF if know
Starting wt
Calories consumed per day
Front and back photo/

I will say ditto to the guy that said too much cardio. You are talking 90 minutes a day. two 20 minute session maybe 4 days for now. Get control of knowing your real nutrition. Put in 4 or 5 days of weight training. Challenge your muscles so they know to be ready for the next session. I will be the first to agree you are losing lean mass at the same rate you are losing BF. Sorry to say. Educate us so we can help you. Last point. Do your best to not drop more then 1.5# a week. Yet, slow and steady. If you reach your 1.5# goal by Thursday then add an extra meal and skip cardio the rest of the week. CONTROL the drop./

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
Your doing way too much cardio. Rely a little more on your diet and a little less on your cardio. If you went the AAS route, would this be your first cycle?

I agree. My personal opinion is that cardio is way too over done sometimes because as he indicated, he's been cutting for 7 weeks and didn't dial in his diet until 3 weeks ago. Diet is key. You can get cut with diet alone. Cardio only speeds it up and in some cases, you actually start to burn muscle. Perhaps others will disagree however speaking for myself, when I diet (as in negative calorie deficit diet), I might do cardio one day a week tops. I end up losing about 1 lb a week but it's 1 f'ing lb of fat for sure. That's 4 lbs of fat per month which is 2% bodyfat loss for me @ 200 lbs. In a 3 month cut, that's losing 6% bodyfat

I'll add that I only cut on Ketogenic diets.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
You have been given the perfect answer by guys who know their stuff. Saying that to say I agree 100% that the cardio needs to be cut down. Heavy squats will burn calories and fat and lay on the muscle mass!

A cutting cycle doesn't mean you don't workout using heavy weight and compound movements. Cutting is diet and drugs...you still lift to build muscle. All that biking is burning fat but its taking muscle with it! Don't sacrifice muscle mass to have a 6 pack!

Last edited:
Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
I will keep it tight with the diet. Im sorry but I dont really know my stats. Im 6' and 225 as of 4 days ago. I see an outline of abs at 205-210. This is what I want. Not looking for anything drastic, just to be able to put on 34in jeans. I lifted for most of my life but Ive been out of the gym for about 18months (just did calisthenics and some cardio.) Im getting back into it again. Ive done 2 cycles before, one was in 2003 and the other in 2007.

I have a 4 day split. Chest/shoulders/tri... back/shoulders/biceps...squats, lunges, leg press(need to work on my deadlift form.) and abs. Like I said, I commute via bike everyday. So, in the morning on the way to work I go on an empty stomach.

Im keeping calories at 2,200 right now and will take em to 1,900. I get between 200-250 of protein, 100-150g of carbs and the rest in fats. Right now Im getting 4-5 meals in and Im gonna make sure its 5-6. I try to feed every 3 hours. 8oz of lean protein, and either carbs or fats, depending on if im lifting or not. carbs are in meals before and after lifting.

I suppose I could stop biking for fun and just do my commute to and from work. If in reality im gonna lose more muscle than fat if I increase the cardio I'll hold off, but it does make me feel good and gets me through slumps. I look forward to going riding for this reason.

Im pretty self-conscious so pics will not be coming. not tryin to be difficult :)

thanks for the solid advice, I think I know what I need to do

Last edited:
bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Have you ever considered clenbuterol?

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
Have you ever considered clenbuterol?

its not something I want to do. ECA and clen mess with my sleep and give me anxiety. I also dont want to play with my hormones (T3.) Black coffee is all I can deal with. I might go to the pharmacy and get some clen just to see if I react any differently than I did in the past. But, 2 extra weeks of cutting is worth not having anxiety or sleep issues.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic