Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Starting over My journey from 150lbs to 250lbs back down to 190 and now up to 255-260

Heavyazzweight

Heavyazzweight

Feb 6, 2012
Things are looking great man! Good work. In my experience a belt does wonders on some exercises, I have sensitive back tho. Kinda sounds like your doing fine without one, I just find that it puts my mind at ease so I can lift heavier.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Good luck Vin... I know you have it in you to get back to where you were.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
....However once you start training with one don't plan on going back to training belt-less. The chances for injury increase quite a bit. Your body starts to rely on that belt. Atleast thats what I've heard.

Same reason I've been hesitant to rock a belt. I have a sensitive lower back as well, and have to always remember to flex my core hard when doing ANYTHING. Even lifting at work or at home... I've rolled off the couch before and snapped some shit up so bad I was out for about ten days... Embarrassing shit. Wifey thought I was full of it too - no bueno.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Same reason I've been hesitant to rock a belt. I have a sensitive lower back as well, and have to always remember to flex my core hard when doing ANYTHING. Even lifting at work or at home... I've rolled off the couch before and snapped some shit up so bad I was out for about ten days... Embarrassing shit. Wifey thought I was full of it too - no bueno.

Of coarse. Thats always how it goes. lol

I too have a sensative lower back. Very strong but I always manage to throw it out doing the dumbest shit. Like taking off a shirt or doing something stupid like that. Backs are funny like that.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Thanks! I appreciate it. Every week I feel stronger. I think I'm gonna' stick with training beltless for now.

Last edited:
V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
My traps blew up this week. I've started doing 5 sets of 20-15 reps every other day. I never use to do dumbell shrugs because I never felt that they really worked that well. However,I've been doing them lately and also incorporatng one side at a time shrugs with a moderate weight. I'll usually do my heavy bar shrugs,then dumbell shrugs,then one handed dumbell shrugs with maybe a 65lb. The stretch and contraction are very important. I hold the weight for 3 secs at the top of the contraction and lower the weight as far as I can without straightening my arm all the way or without letting the dumbell slid e down my fingers. I always keep a firm grip and arms slightly bent.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Latest pictures. I'm still hovering around 180. I had a day of non-stop vomiting a few days ago. One of the side effects of having gastroparesis. It happens from time to time. So I lost some weight from that but it's coing back. I hope to be over 200lbs by the 2nd or 3rd week of March.
103_4399-1.jpg

103_4409-1.jpg

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
I don't know why my camera is taking such crappy pics. I wanted to get a shot of that cluster of veins on my bicep but it's barely showing up in the shot. It looks like a big red sore,not a cluster of veins.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Heres a shot from today after training triceps.
103_4502-1-1.jpg

In total I've put on about 40lbs in about 10 weeks. The insulin always packs the weight on me when I up the dose and eat more carbs both complex and simple sugars.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic