Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Starting over My journey from 150lbs to 250lbs back down to 190 and now up to 255-260

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
About 14 years ago I started using Testosterone. I kept it simple for the most part. When everyone was loading up on multiple drugs I was just using my Testosterone 200mg and for the most part it had me growing at a constant rate with good solid gains. I started out 150lbs back in highschool. Even then I was strong. I entered my first lifting meet when I had just made Varsity ball in 1996. At 148lbs I....
benched 240 for 4 reps,
deadlifted 385 for 2 reps
squated 365 for 2 reps.

Now I could blow those numbers out of thr water if I had to drop down to 150 but even at a young age with nothing in me besides energy drinks and protien powder. No anabolic compounds. I was strong.

In 2005 I reached my ultimate goal At 5ft.8 / 248lbs / 13% body fat / I had fluctuated up and down for a while but for the most part I had become a solid 250 pounder. I was happier than a pig in you know what! I had the strength to kinda' sorta hang with my long-time work out partner "Big John" Fazzingo and the size I had always been after. I attribute this to The following.

1)Big John Fazzingo: He could walk in the gym at any given time and do such lifts as 505 flat bench for reps with no spotter, flat bench 180lb dumbells for 28-35 reps (It was seen by the gym owner and a gym full of onlookers) Shoulder press 405 in front and behind the neck,or preacher curl 120lb dumbells clean all the way down and up. He was a genetic freak and I attribute a lot of my strength to having him for a training partner.

2)Being type 1 diabetic. Eat more + Take more insulin + Take Testosterone= Weight and strength gains on a daily basis

3)I've been on a strict diet and excersize routine since the age of 4 yrs. When I was diagnosed I was lucky enough to have parents and older siblings that were willing to do what it took to keep my glucose levels when they needed to be. I use to have A1C's down in the 3's and 4's. I mean at 7 or 8 yrs old I was in great shape already starting to develope muscle tone and lifting fairly heavy weights.

However like every happy story theres a part where things get tough. In 2006 I went through a divorce. It consumed me whole. I stopped training,stopped eating right,started smoking again after not smoking for many years, and just gave up for a while.
That went on for a year when after trying to get back into the swing of things I met my fiance' and love of my life. She gave me purpose and a reasoin to want to look good again. We had some medical issues with my kidneys and stomache but now that things are looking up I'm ready to go at it hardcore again! My ultimate goal is255-260 to bulk and cut down to 225.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
I'll be posting more this afternoon. I've gotta' cut this short right now. On my way out the door.

Heavyazzweight

Heavyazzweight

Feb 6, 2012
Very inspiring. Good luck on your goals.

Father Time

Father Time

Jan 22, 2012
Best of luck Vin.
You are back on track now.
Git Er Done...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Good luck man stay focused and KICK ASS;)

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Everything is going well,thanks. This week I got a very low blood sugar reading in the gym and I felt like I was about to go down for the count but thankfully I had a 6 pack of these little shots of liquid glucose. You down 2 of them and it works pretty quick. Unfortunately a "normal-to-low" BG level is necesary to get those really good pumps from the insulin so a watchfull eye is a good thing. I have a whole setup from MiniMed Medtronic that is a sensor that I wear (it's a needle with a sensor attached) that reads my BG levels in real-time but I don't use it that often due to the fact that it can get a little irritating when my BF% is down under 12%. It's gotta' be in a little bit of a fatty area. Right now I'm around 10% so it gets sore after a day of wearing it. But I might just endure the pain for the monitoring capability of this sensor. It does help when your someone like me and trying to gain weight.
Other than that everything is moving forward. I steadily have been gaining strength on my core movements. My bench is uphigher than it has ever been at the weight I'm at right now. Also my back is a lot more developed now. I have always had a wide back but now I'm gaining that thickness that ultimately makes or breaks the look of your back. All in all I'm pleased with the way it's going. I am just going to keep trying my best. I've always been the type to want to make people eat their own words. Figuratively speaking. When someone says I'm not going to be able to do something it makes me want it 10 times more and I don't give up until I'm there. They'll have to pry the dumbells out of my cold dead hands before I give up on this goal I've set. I did it before, I can do it again.
Thanks for your interest gentlemen. Every little bit helps keep me motivated!

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
first--WELCOME!

please keep us posted and ask any question you want we are all here to help!

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
ok,heres a shot of me at about 152lbs. I did'nt have anything in me at this point. So we'll call this the starting point.
DSCN2259.jpg

DSCN2260.jpg

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic