Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sore quad above knee

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Woke up this morning an knee has gone down a lot. Due to icing yesterday I think.

I think I may have overworked it maybe on the leg press.

I have done about ten w/o an doing 3 sets of ten on leg press. I started on about 120kg after 7-8 w/o(3 weeks) i was up to about 180kg. The day b4 my knee hurt I did my last set at 200kg I think that's what hurt me.

The thing is I could of put it heavier as did set of 10 only straining a bit but not near collapse.

Do you have to be carful with leg press an not lift all you can or did I go up weight to quick?.

The next w/o I did I dropped doing leg press and did squats but could only lift about 60 kg. does that sound right do you lose that much lifting power from squats to leg press?

I didn't want to do squats first off until I got some leg strength from using machines. Was that a good idea.

Thanks for every bodies help. I've posted in other forums an where no were as helpful as u guys. So looks like tid wins for me

Allofasudden

Allofasudden

Jul 31, 2012
You've been out of the gym for 10 years man. Your gonna have to get your body used to it again. I'm sure we all remember when we would get so sore from squats we could barely sit down to take a shit. But our bodies adjusted. Sure you'll still get sore, but not like
In the beginning. Just take your time with it, warm up really good before you go heavy, and enjoy. Recovery time should get shorter the more your body adjusts.

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Yeah I think cause I push 2-3 tons of concrete around a day in wheel barrows that my legs would be fine. Lol obviously not.

I think I will just stick to squats for a while, as I can't push any where near the same amount as the leg press so should be a bit safer for me being lighter.

I don't do legs till Friday so will lay off the bike till then and see how I feel.

Allofasudden

Allofasudden

Jul 31, 2012
Yeah I think cause I push 2-3 tons of concrete around a day in wheel barrows that my legs would be fine. Lol obviously not.

I think I will just stick to squats for a while, as I can't push any where near the same amount as the leg press so should be a bit safer for me being lighter.

I don't do legs till Friday so will lay off the bike till then and see how I feel.

Yeah, pushing the wheelbarrow will use all types of muscles but not the exact ones that leg press or squats target. You'll still get sore. I say hit leg press anyway. Don't let it beat you. Get in there on Friday leg day and beat that shit up.

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
I'm at the dr. now. so will let you no what the story is in a little while. Wish me luck

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Yeah doc said no probs just a bit of fluid above my knee. Said to not train it to next week

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I just read this... I get fluid on my knee in the same way. Don't use any ointments and def do not foam roll it. Ice, elevation and compression are you friends here. I'd also ditch the leg press it's pretty hard on the knees, try squatting instead it allows for a more natural movement. I had a knee injury as a kid and leg presses will trigger it every time. If you find it coming back on sit in a chair (while you watch TV or whatever) and do leg extensions, 2 minutes on then rest 2 minutes and repeat 10 times, it will help with the swelling a lot. If squatting is hard at first try a box squat with a pause it will allow you release some weight off the knee and will help with alignment issues.

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks mate awesome. It feels good to day. First day I can't notice it. Yeah I have already made the change to squats can't lift anywhere near t what I do on leg press so must be a lot safer

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic