jacobss
What's New?

Some recent pics

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Damn AJ, Looking good bro, Nothing like making us smaller guys jealous of your size and leaness. Keep it up bro. Good luck if you go, We all know you'd do awesome!!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Looking amazingly good bro! Congratulations! Your legs are IFBB like! This takes a lot of hard work and determination!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I must confess these are actually pics of Bolan, I have been posting them up as my own for years.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
look good bro -- only areas i see that could use a touch up is traps -- delts [[brought up just a little ]] and arms bis are good tris could have a little added size but overall you look good

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I must confess these are actually pics of Bolan, I have been posting them up as my own for years.

lol...watch, in 6 months KBD will post them as his own....lol

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
look good bro -- only areas i see that could use a touch up is traps -- delts [[brought up just a little ]] and arms bis are good tris could have a little added size but overall you look good

Yeah Bigscott, my whole back trap shoulder area could use a lot of work, its been a real problem for years, like some people who have stubborn calves I have a stubborn back you would never think I could deadlift 700lbs with my think little non existent back.
I would love to make some progress in that area specifically, seems like just about the time I find something thats working, it just doesnt do it anymore so far as training goes with my back workouts.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hey AJ, let me take a look at your back routine, if you don't mind posting it or pm'ing it to me?? That is my strongest and best part imo and learned some tricks of the trades over the years.

Yeah Bigscott, my whole back trap shoulder area could use a lot of work, its been a real problem for years, like some people who have stubborn calves I have a stubborn back you would never think I could deadlift 700lbs with my think little non existent back.
I would love to make some progress in that area specifically, seems like just about the time I find something thats working, it just doesnt do it anymore so far as training goes with my back workouts.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010

ajdos , what does your current back routine look like bro ??

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I tweaked my QL so I havent been able to dead or do bent rows for 3 weeks...

Usually depending on feel I start with heavy deads or bent rows.
Then T-bar rows
Then some kind of pull down, wide grip over hand or reverse grip
Usually some seated pulley rows that I go for squeeze to 15 rep sets
Rear Delts
Shrugs, dumbells Ill go for 15-20 reps with 150's or Ill do...
The machine which is plate loaded and still has the neutral grip thats where I can go heavy about 8-9 45's each side and power it for heavy.

I have liked going for feel more and more I think thats the real key but some movements IMHO are better for power like deads and shrugs.
Any advice you guys wanna throw in there would be great, I have changed my back routine probably 20 times and I still get minimal results, I have been doing some pulldowns on arm day and some pullovers as well...pulldowns with bis and pullovers with tris to try and attempt to get some more back stimulation during the week....my back sits quietly laughing at me.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
ajdos - i would start throwing in some pullups .. i feel pullups are one of the best movements for back development

this is what i generally do for back

pullups --3 sets for whatever lol me weighing 300 lbs i am not getting sets of 15
pulldowns wide - stack - 3 sets 12 to 15 reps
pulldowns close - stack - 3 sets 12 to 15 reps
bent barbell rows will alternate with dumbells- 3 sets 15 reps -- heavy as i can go on last 2 sets
plate loaded hammer row -- 3 sets 15 reps
rear delts -- 4 sets 15 reverse pec deck

hypers weighted alternated with rack deads to finish back off --3 sets 12 to 15 reps

i like higher rep range with heavy weight i just feel it gets more blood into the area working -- the heavy low rep workouts do nothing for me i need the pump so i have found over the years that heavy weight as possible high rep scheme works best for me

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
ajdos - i would start throwing in some pullups .. i feel pullups are one of the best movements for back development

this is what i generally do for back

pullups --3 sets for whatever lol me weighing 300 lbs i am not getting sets of 15
pulldowns wide - stack - 3 sets 12 to 15 reps
pulldowns close - stack - 3 sets 12 to 15 reps
bent barbell rows will alternate with dumbells- 3 sets 15 reps -- heavy as i can go on last 2 sets
plate loaded hammer row -- 3 sets 15 reps
rear delts -- 4 sets 15 reverse pec deck

hypers weighted alternated with rack deads to finish back off --3 sets 12 to 15 reps

i like higher rep range with heavy weight i just feel it gets more blood into the area working -- the heavy low rep workouts do nothing for me i need the pump so i have found over the years that heavy weight as possible high rep scheme works best for me

I actually was doing them again but I strained my bicep then tweaked up the other wrist, I cant do many, Im not 300 like you but they suck at 275 as well.
Still I always liked doing them...as soon as this wrist injury is good enough Ill get back on it...thanks bigscott.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic