Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

So You Want to Compete in BBing/Figure

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Great post! I have never competed but am hoping to one day just to say that I have.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I gotta bump this old thread here.. I am looking to compete in my first show in April/May and i have so many questions..
should I get a trainer before contest prep time to help with offseason? is 16 weeks of coaching on poses and conditioning going to be sufficient if my training is right and bf% is in an adequate place? Also there are so many different kinds of shows... I think the one I looked at was an NPC show. I really don't know too much about the different federations/associations so I need some guidance in choosing what show would be right for me.

Cheddar gave some great advice and I am going to go simply add to it. First, I am assuming your a dude so your trunks are not quite as tricky as a ladies. Order yours about 4 weeks out and call the supplier (jagwear or Doc'ssports) to get a good fit and cut. In regards to getting a coach for the "off' season I would consider your goals and budget. If you want to go pro and have plenty of cash than go for it. If you are limited than save your dough, cuz tanning, supps, food, posing and life is going to rob you of any free $$$. I spend more on "supps" for show prep than the rest of the off season but that is another post.

Regarding organizations, there are only two legit options for the assisted athlete, the NPC which is the big boy on the block and the WBFF which is geared more for models. The rest are drug free with only a rare exception. They usually will polygraph at random the night before the show. I suggest the NPC is you want an "open" show, it may be overwhelming at first but you will find that they are a real good bunch of people in general.

As far as 16 weeks for posing, well you want be Kai Greene but if you have potential (some people just have no grace) than 16 weeks will be fine with a good coach supposing your goal is not the overall. lol. You will improve at each show so keep it all in perspective.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic