Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

So you just bought TID

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
You guys do a great job and I got a ton of useful information here. The reason I have gone from visiting multiple times a day to a few times a month, is just the crazy racism of many members here. I know this isn't your fault but it has soured me, none the less. I want t learn/talk about excercise. Getting bigger, getting stronger. Not how people blame lazy n*ggers for everything.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
You guys do a great job and I got a ton of useful information here. The reason I have gone from visiting multiple times a day to a few times a month, is just the crazy racism of many members here. I know this isn't your fault but it has soured me, none the less. I want t learn/talk about excercise. Getting bigger, getting stronger. Not how people blame lazy n*ggers for everything.

Simple fix, don't go in those threads or put on ignore. Welcome back

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I know you are right. That's why I'm back. I think with the Ferguson stuff it was just too much for me for a bit. Glad to be back. Now let me get some source info, hahaha. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
There is many ignorant people everywhere you go and that has to fricking suck. But don't let that keep you from learning/teaching/sharing here or anywhere. Some people have to displace their anger at a person or group because they cannot look in the mirror to see where their anger originally came from.

Peace.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Stop being so namby-pamby with regards to banning people....ie. the jezjzzor085 types for example. Sometimes I feel it would be more beneficial to kick out the crap at an early stage rather than letting the drama and odd-ball retard posters getting a chance to let things snowball to the point that people feel the need to make a flame thread about them.http://www.theironden.com/forum/member.php?u=20052

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Stop being so namby-pamby with regards to banning people....ie. the jezjzzor085 types for example. Sometimes I feel it would be more beneficial to kick out the crap at an early stage rather than letting the drama and odd-ball retard posters getting a chance to let things snowball to the point that people feel the need to make a flame thread about them.

I have sometimes felt this way myself, but over time as I watch Pillar, Mugzy and the other moderators being so very patient with newbies and especially the awkward ones, I have come to realize if you leave them alone most of the trouble makers either stop posting, mature as members, or turn into real douchebags. So now I think it is better to leave them alone (i.e. don't ban them) so long as they aren't being trolls. And when they turn into trolls and don't respond to people calling them out about it, then it's time to ban them swiftly and mercilessly.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

I feel the same as you about the racism, bro. I get so angry when I read posts calling all blacks terrible people because they are black or blaming poor people for being poor and the like.

But it is important to let the members talk about what they want to talk about, so long as it doesn't get out of hand. I chime in when I feel like it is getting too aggressive or overtly racist, and then I get jumped on and often a black eye or two, but it is quit a bit of fun because I like to debate and usually things quiet down and become more respectful for a while.

The most important thing, I think, is to keep those threads in the sections where they belong -- the flame forum and the off topic forum. And then if you don't want to see those types of posts or threads (as Graniteman says) just ignore them.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Stop being so namby-pamby with regards to banning people....ie. the jezjzzor085 types for example. Sometimes I feel it would be more beneficial to kick out the crap at an early stage rather than letting the drama and odd-ball retard posters getting a chance to let things snowball to the point that people feel the need to make a flame thread about them.

Or people can stop being mamby pambies themselves. I don't get how soft and easily offended males have become. RR and Jen have bigger cajones than alot of guys here. All in respect RR, Jen cause I love ya both and you know this:D
Seriously if someone doesn't like another members post, move on to a different thread or as RR and Woody have pointed out many times.. '' ignore button''

What ONE person finds offensive or even TWO shouldn't dictate a ban, that kind of creates a zombie like board with memebers chanting ... ''One of Us...One of Us.....''' Lots of different personalities out there

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Or people can stop being mamby pambies themselves. I don't get how soft and easily offended males have become. RR and Jen have bigger cajones than alot of guys here. All in respect RR, Jen cause I love ya both and you know this:D
Seriously if someone doesn't like another members post, move on to a different thread or as RR and Woody have pointed out many times.. '' ignore button''

What ONE person finds offensive or even TWO shouldn't dictate a ban, that kind of creates a zombie like board with memebers chanting ... ''One of Us...One of Us.....''' Lots of different personalities out there

Free speech is one of the foundation stones of modern western society (especially the USA), so that even speech that others find offensive, should be protected. But an important part of free speech and the furtherance of freedom, is calling people out on ideas you judge to be wrong. This is how ideas are vetted and how the crowd changes and improves its thinking over time: when the forward thinkers challenge the rest to think outside their comfort zone and to consider a new way of looking at things.

And although TID is a private forum and free speech is not required, it is important to allow the free and honest exchange of ideas even as we ban trolls and spammers -- i.e. those who would destroy the forum by dominating it with their own troll / spammer agendas.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Free speech is one of the foundation stones of modern western society (especially the USA), so that even speech that others find offensive, should be protected. But an important part of free speech and the furtherance of freedom, is calling people out on ideas you judge to be wrong. This is how ideas are vetted and how the crowd changes and improves its thinking over time: when the forward thinkers challenge the rest to think outside their comfort zone and to consider a new way of looking at things.

And although TID is a private forum and free speech is not required, it is important to allow the free and honest exchange of ideas even as we ban trolls and spammers -- i.e. those who would destroy the forum by dominating it with their own troll / spammer agendas.

America Founded Free Speech and is prettty much the last bastion of The 1st Amendment. Most ''western'' Nations have major restrictions on speech, even jail time for speech deemed offensive , ie: Canada and The UK. This is what is the BIG problem with your hypothesis. When someone gets to judge anothers ideas\speech as wrong you know longer have a Free Nation. You win the argument of ideas by fact, reason and letting them play out in peoples lives and letting Free peoples decide their own choices, destiny. Challenging ideas is fine but installing ones self as Supreme Decider as what is acceptable speech is a Dictatorship.
But then again this is a forum for people that lift things and put them down, with off topic forums for cerebral types also!!

Again many personalities make a live forum..if everyone thought and acted alike it would be boring as **** up in here!

Spammers and trolls of course get cleaned out

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic