Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Ok....so since I did not read every post you made.....what is your current condition?

You seem to have missed the last decade of nutrition science. The guy who did the fried chicken diet was named Kane Sumabat. He went by Timberwolf on bb.com. He did indeed cut to 5% bf eating only fried chicken and donuts. (Supplementing protein powder)

You are like a Flat Earther. And the funny part is you are calling others stupid. I have given you respect for your status here. But you have failed to give others respect. Again the funny part is you are wrong. Please post up some pics so I can at least try to have some respect for you. Show us what you have accomplished in your 30 years of training. Maybe then I can at least try to take you seriously. Otherwise I think you are a 15 year old who stole someone's log on.

Right now I'm at 215 and between 15-17% BF.

I definitely missed something. I was only off here like a few months. When I left people were still eating healthy foods and counting macros.

Dude I'm just saying thats the dumbest shit ever! If you believe it I'm sorry for you. Thats all. I know you mean well. And think what you want to about me. I didn't give a shit 13 years ago on outlaw and I give less fucks now.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Please let me add this...I take in 40% carbs, 25% protein amd 35% fat and an average of 4300 calories per day. This includes my two off days when I lower the calories, training days they are up some. I weigh a comfortable 243lbs at 4.2% BF (SKIN FOLD CALIPER -3 SITES). Every morning, I have 1 English muffin with cream cheese, bananna nut bread and 3 mini chocolate donuts along with my eggs, hashbrowns, banana, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and chocolate syrup. Wash it down with 1 cup of espresso ( 6 packets of sugar). My preworkout is 1 scopp of when protein, one scoop of ON's serious mass gainer 1200 and a cup of milk. For dinner I ALWAYS finish with 2 cups of ice cream. I train 5 days a week for 90 minutes and also do 3 days of HIT for 15 minutes. My metabolic factors are well in check. It is the macros, calories and am i just damn blessed? If it wasn't for this damn disatassi recti abdominus I got from years and years of squating from 700-900+ on a weekly basis I would be able to cut to 3% in two weeks and jump on the stage and look kind of good. I have people ask me all the time how I do it and just say "I eat chicken".:)

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
SInce we are doing show and tell.......I want to keep as much privacy as I can....this is just a sample of what is in 2 closets upstairs that I collected from my 27 years of competing. 14 world records in two weight classes, ranked #1 in the 275's and #2 in the 308's in 2001. I also have a huge scar on my right knee I can show. Oh, the two trophies on the left are just two of my wifes. She won her IFBB pro card in 1990 after winning the Argentine nationals. The rest she left in Argentina with her mother.

20210424-153428.jpg

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
By SuperTex!:

Broscience? Lots of that floating around the internet and in our gyms. Yes, absolutely, both calories and macros are important. So are micros.........Science always doesn't agree with common sense science deals in data. Gunslinger, YouTube is FULL of BroScience..........Trust me from a REAL SCIENCE view point, a calorie is not a calorie and those who say this is not true have probably not read a page of real science nor would that understand real science.

Again, the LAW of THERMODYNAMICS.....energy is neither created or destroyed. We learned this in high school by turning water to ice, letting it melt and seeing it evaporate. The lesson learned is this water did not just disappear, instead it changed forms. Food/nutrients in the human body do not just disappear when unused. The change forms....stored. For me......taking in 4000 calories per day and I will drop weight, no matter if it is all protein or all donuts. So dropping weight at 4000 calories/d day is very real. We are all quit different huh? That is why most of this Broscience is nonsense.

I was studying the a-bomb reaction that was used on Hiroshima...What I was getting from the study is that in that case when the u (supercritical mass) exploded, the combined mass that was produced did NOT equal the original u mass....It was an net loss when calculated ....If this is so, then the law of , 'conservation of matter' doesn't apply in this circumstance....Same thing with/when they set the h-bomb off....The h-atoms united and formed helium....However, the total mass of the helium that was produced , turned out to be less than the hydrogen....In both of these cases, if the law on 'conservation of matter' is set in stone, shouldn't those two reactions' products have equaled in weight with the original reactants? (No physicists/chemist, just dabble with it)....Or does that just apply to energy?....Curious?....

I agree on the ALL being important!....Here is what gets me...Years ago I read an article on insulin....It claimed that in the presence of insulin (circulating in the blood stream),one couldn't burn fat?...So then, eating fast digesting carbs (simple) would cause an unnecessary spike in insulin levels in the blood, thereby not allowing the individual to burn the fat....The key was to eat slow digesting carbs (really any kind of food) that would not cause an sharp spike of insulin....Supposedly, the slower u digest the food, the less insulin will spike and u will release what is needed to process the food....That's what I read, don't know if it's true or not....However, if u do need the carbs for energy, then it really won't matter if u do eat a fast digesting carb (donuts, etc)...U will not store it as fat...It's all in the timing of your food, not what kind of food...That's what I ascertained from the article anyway....I would like to know the definitive on it tho....

This reminds me of the BIG guy in the gym who when asked how he got so big. tells everyone, I got big like this by eating chicken. Now the little guys are all eating chicken expecting to be big.

Was that Lee Priest by any chance?...Haha!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@BackAtIt conservation of matter was amended with special relativity.

Einstein’s theory of relativity is that mass and energy are equivalent and convertible.

e=mc2 in other words.....

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Thanksfully weight loss doesn't require an understanding of quantum mechanics. Thankfully its is easy as A+B=C

Having lost literally hundreds of pounds over the years I have found this to be true. Eat a bit less or keep calories the same and drop the sugar and starches. Increase activity add in a little caffeine for energy if needed and poof. The fat magically starts melting off. Genetically gifted people should really just shut up on the matter. If someone can eat whatever they like and still drop weight they really shouldn't be giving diet advice. To tell someone who has been making this work for decades and seen millions do the same that its not possible and goes against the laws of physics is beyond retarded.

To call eating healthy and making sure I'm taking in protein "bro science" while recommending poptarts, fried chicken and donuts for weight loss? Well, its kinda hard to take anyone seriously after that. The fact that so many on here seem to buy into it is scary. I can only attribute it to peer pressure or stockholm syndrome. The ones that aren't speaking out on this idiocy are just scared and I guess I can understand that but I've always felt the need to call bullshit when I see it.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
poptarts, fried chicken and donuts for weight loss? Well, its kinda hard to take anyone seriously after that
Its math. It doesn't matter what you eat, but to lose weight you eat less of it. If you want a powdered donut diet, go for it, you get to eat 7 donuts a day, and nothing else with calories. You'll lose weight. Powdered donut=240 caloriesx7=1680 calories. Its not rocket doctoring.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Its math. It doesn't matter what you eat, but to lose weight you eat less of it. If you want a powdered donut diet, go for it, you get to eat 7 donuts a day, and nothing else with calories. You'll lose weight. Powdered donut=240 caloriesx7=1680 calories. Its not rocket doctoring.

And this is what I'm saying. MY BODY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. Neither does most ppl I know. I can eat 1000 calories of donuts per day and be fat as fuck. 1800-2,000 per day of meat and veggies and lose weight. You would think I'm trying to tell people the fucking easter bunny and santa are real... fucking christ

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Then your body is breaking the Third Law of Thermodynamics and no science works for you. Obviously an alien from a different universe. They should harness you as a source of infinite energy.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Then your body is breaking the Third Law of Thermodynamics and no science works for you. Obviously an alien from a different universe. They should harness you as a source of infinite energy.

So, let me make sure I understand. Donuts and fried chicken will get me shredded but I eat meat and veggies and I'm breaking the Third Law of Thermodynamics and science no longer applies. I see. LMFAO!

I offer to change my diet to this nonsense bullshit and see how my body reacts but its not good enough because I'm not being monitored by professionals. I might cheat and eat some chicken or a salad.

This is pretty much a no win gaslight situation. Like the keyboard warriors who talk shit about my Jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai and how effective their kung fu is. but when I invite them to come out to my school for their "free lesson" they have an excuse why they can't. No way to prove anything so they can keep their delusion.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
And this is what I'm saying. MY BODY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. Neither does most ppl I know. I can eat 1000 calories of donuts per day and be fat as fuck. 1800-2,000 per day of meat and veggies and lose weight. You would think I'm trying to tell people the fucking easter bunny and santa are real... fucking christ

Sounds liek to me you believe the easter bunny and santa are real. I had a college football player that was recruited in the 2nd round to the NFL. I tested his body fat myself. He was 3%. Guess what he ate........ nutritious college cafeteria food for every meal except those he ate out which were fast food including an occasionl pizza. Still waiting on that explaination of how the muscles work without glucose.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic