BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Snowden: Patriot or Traitor?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm glad to know about what Snowden disclosed, but the way he did it was wrong. Perhaps we will better learn WHY he leaked this way in the future. Rught now we're all just speculating, and with so little information, none of us are likely correct.

Now that we know that all this data is being collected, we have to have so type of safeguards to protect this information. Just think of those in power (regardless of the party) having access to this information, and how they can selectively leak it to the detriment of those who threaten their power. That could be extremely ugly.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
You know for a fact he gave this info to China and Russia?

If I was doing the same as he did, I would have done it just the way he did.
Report to a major news source outside the country to make sure the story did not get killed here.
Do it in a country the US government couldnt get me that easily and where I would have some allies like wikileaks.
The seek asylum somewhere. I think I would prefer Ecuador over Iceland.

What is Snowdens motive?
He lost a 200K job.
He will go to jail if caught by the government.

If this was financial, why would he speak up and not just sell the info to whomever?

NONE of us knopw for a fact anythIng. What I do know is if China and Russia had him do you really think they would accept no for a answer? lol I doubt very seriously Russia or China would waste their time with him for a bunch of our phone numbers, texts and emails. A 200k a year job would pale in com[parison with the cash they might be willing to dole out. Who knows , all I'm saying is I doubt they took him in for a bunch of phone numbers n stuff. if he's innocent and nothing dirty wh ydidn't he go to Iceland and take them up on their offer of asylum? Seems better than 2 countries built on killing millions of their own citizens

Last edited:
TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
I'm glad to know about what Snowden disclosed, but the way he did it was wrong. Perhaps we will better learn WHY he leaked this way in the future. Rught now we're all just speculating, and with so little information, none of us are likely correct.

that's what I think...we just don't know the whole story. I mean, the guy is far from stupid. afterall, he's analyst - an expert in determining what to do.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Snowden said he was giving the info to the countries spied on, so they could deiced what to do without his views getting in the way.

“If I have time to go through this information, I would like to make it available to journalists in each country to make their own assessment, independent of my bias, as to whether or not the knowledge of US network operations against their people should be published.”

A

Airborne

Jan 19, 2011
an American Patriot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Honestly, I don't think the guy knows exactly what he is doing, and who would, but I could bet, if they caught him, they would have just took him out. Dead men don't talk. If he knew nothing, then why do they want him so bad.

The problem I see is that the goverment didn't follow any of the laws they require everyone else to follow, and abused there power and now there hand is caught in the cookie jar.

If it were me, I would have leaked it all, but stayed in the US, it just looks bad when you run, but coming from his point, I don't think he wants to be in jail either.... Just interested in how this all plays out. I know Russia doesn't like the US, so they'll probably help him in any way for information.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
I feel Snowden is a hero for exposing this scam the NSA is running. Our government can not be trusted and that's the bottom line as the powers that be want Snowden dead

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Maybe the question should read "US government, patriots or traitors"
Over here we've been going through shit for years with members of our governments & royal family illegal wrong doings but 1 high court judge with huge balls is slowly but surely putting them in jail. If it's illegal/unconstitutional what your government is doing then it's them that should be facing questioning/charges IMO

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Maybe the question should read "US government, patriots or traitors"
Over here we've been going through shit for years with members of our governments & royal family illegal wrong doings but 1 high court judge with huge balls is slowly but surely putting them in jail. If it's illegal/unconstitutional what your government is doing then it's them that should be facing questioning/charges IMO

Thats the kind of thing we're hoping for. But its a massive web of corruption and its gonna take some doin...........

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Thats the kind of thing we're hoping for. But its a massive web of corruption and its gonna take some doin...........

Agreed, but the voters need to be more aware of what the government is doing and the biggest weapon they have is the ballot box. Surely it will take a lot of time to get the pieces of bullcrap out of office as well as getting our rights reinstated

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Agreed, but the voters need to be more aware of what the government is doing

Here in lies the problem. Unfortunately the people in this country have become so dumbed down that all it takes is the Bruce Springsteen band and a lazer light show at the DNC convention and the sheeple come a runnin...Baaaaaaahhhhhhh.........................so how do you stop that? The people in this country would vote for a ham sandwich if it had an attractive package and could read a tele-prompter well. Hmm, I think im loosing faith in my fellow man.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic