Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Smolov- anyone tried it?

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
The Smolov squat program looks perfect for me, I am terribly weak with them and want nothing more than a decent squat.

I would like to get your thoughts/opinions on it. I am also concidering adding at least something for the rest of my body, a
press and some core work.

I am concidering running it "on" cycle.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
One of the drawbacks of the program comes in with the amount of volume, being on cycle you won't have to worry too much but if you are terribly weak with the squat then you most likely have some breakdown in your form which isn't going to go well with having a high volume high 1rm percent routine. If you are familar with the 5x5 program templates then this one is right up your alley.

M

moya

Sep 1, 2011
i would have to agree with Wolf... i have ran the first phase 2 or 3 times i think, and the second once... its a bitch to get through... i was able to get through the first phase once naturally, and i had to stop deadlifts alltogether it was so taxing... coming off a cycle i was able to slightly build on my gains, though i still think it wasnt the best idea... another time i did it cutting and that was not the best idea either... do as i say, not as i do :) ...i would like to run it again soon, but i dont have any cycles planned out and im NOT doing it natty again...
imo, its best for someone who is more experienced for squats... and you admiting its one of your weaker lifts would give me the impression you are not ready... 5x5 or the GOMAD squat program would probably be right up your alley though...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic