pbtom
What's New?

Smoked a Salmon

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Lk that looks great! I took your recommendation and smoked chicken thighs for chicken salad, came out phenomenal.

Tg2 i was in the same spot a couple months ago and ended up getting a new one off of Facebook marketplace. It's my first one so I didn't go crazy and get a higher end one, spent $160 and that included a few bags of chips.
If you want to cut down on the fat you can do breasts also, just need to watch the temp as they can dry out. Whole turkey for a weeks worth of turkey salad works well also.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've got 3 smokers. A pellet grill, a home made stick burner and the other day I picked up a large big green egg used for 150 bucks they are about 800 new. Divorce sale

Same here. For the pellet girll I also have the little oven for wood overn pizza on the girllll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
If you want to cut down on the fat you can do breasts also, just need to watch the temp as they can dry out. Whole turkey for a weeks worth of turkey salad works well also.

A page taken out of one of Bobby Flays cookbooks?

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
Damn, all of that looks good. Good info too.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Looks great LK I have over 50# of Alasakan wild caught salmon from my brother in law, I have baked it in foil on the bbq, glazed it in the oven and pan fried it and even cooked some in my cosori................going to get a smoker now what about that little silver square electric one I see all over the place any input or just step up and buy a propane one?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
They all work about the same @Littleguy , some say propane isn't good, I love it. Some use pure wood, harder to control the temp, some use pellets, some electric. It's all about getting to know how yours works and dialing it in to what you are cooking. Chicken, pork shoulders, ribs I have down pat. Brisket is probably the hardest thing I have smoked, talking about a whole 18lb brisket.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
They all work about the same @Littleguy , some say propane isn't good, I love it. Some use pure wood, harder to control the temp, some use pellets, some electric. It's all about getting to know how yours works and dialing it in to what you are cooking. Chicken, pork shoulders, ribs I have down pat. Brisket is probably the hardest thing I have smoked, talking about a whole 18lb brisket.
I have and have tried the wood ones and they are a bitch to babysit and keep enoigh water in blah blah total PITA I need something I can set and forget to quote Ron Popeil..lol

No pic above for me to drool on BTW haha

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Second attempt, did the whole fillet, 250 for 35 min on Mesquite and Apple wood, added some mesquite rub and a pinch of brown sugah!

Reactions: Jin
Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Would be awesome to make lox. I’ve made gravlox and it’s delicious but not quite what cold smoked, cured salmon gets you.

I may make a cold smoker sometime next year.

Smoked cheeses, lox, whitefish etc.

Any experience?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic