AKC83
What's New?

Smoked a Salmon

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
First attempt, 2lbs, could have been thicker but it did the trick. I put a little sweet BBQ mesquite rub on top and a heavy mesquite wood smoke, did 275 degrees for 40 min, came out super tender and juicy, I would have liked it a little less cooked (I like mine a little raw inside still) but this was delicious!

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I did some a while back. I used a brown sugar and salt dry brine wrapped in butcher paper overnight. Pulled it out and rinsed it then let if set in the fridge on a rack. Then added some lemon and smoked it at 170 for a few hours. It was really good just a little too salty I think 4 hours would be enough brine time.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
What type of smoker are you using?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What type of smoker are you using?
I have a propane smoker, keeps the temp spot on.

I have seen guys making candied salmon with brown sugar, may attempt some when I find a good sale, don't want to ruin expensive salmon, lol

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
First attempt, 2lbs, could have been thicker but it did the trick. I put a little sweet BBQ mesquite rub on top and a heavy mesquite wood smoke, did 275 degrees for 40 min, came out super tender and juicy, I would have liked it a little less cooked (I like mine a little raw inside still) but this was delicious!

At first glance, I thought you were letting us know how high you were...LOL. You go Gollum, eat your fish raw.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Man, that looks good! I still haven't pulled the trigger on a smoker, but every time you put up pictures, I'm wondering what I'm waiting for!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Man, that looks good! I still haven't pulled the trigger on a smoker, but every time you put up pictures, I'm wondering what I'm waiting for!
Seriously dude, it's the best thing in the world. Made some root beer pork shoulder last weekend, some next level shit!

Fell right apart as soon as I touched it

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Lk that looks great! I took your recommendation and smoked chicken thighs for chicken salad, came out phenomenal.

Tg2 i was in the same spot a couple months ago and ended up getting a new one off of Facebook marketplace. It's my first one so I didn't go crazy and get a higher end one, spent $160 and that included a few bags of chips.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I have a propane smoker, keeps the temp spot on.

I have seen guys making candied salmon with brown sugar, may attempt some when I find a good sale, don't want to ruin expensive salmon, lol

This wasn't candied just a dry brine made with brown sugar and salt. It doesn't come out sweet at all. Just stays super moist.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I've got 3 smokers. A pellet grill, a home made stick burner and the other day I picked up a large big green egg used for 150 bucks they are about 800 new. Divorce sale

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've got 3 smokers. A pellet grill, a home made stick burner and the other day I picked up a large big green egg used for 150 bucks they are about 800 new. Divorce sale
Green egg makes an awesome pizza once you figure it out. Corn meal so it doesn't stick to the stone is the secret.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Try some salmon from New Zealand or some Scottish salmon.

I would have loved to taste any of that food LK!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic