Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Slow Weak and Stupid

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Just carry on such is life . Bodybuilding and life are same you just keep trying. We all have trials and obstacles you are no different - I'm 48 many set backs spine surgery both lower and neck , desert storm vet I seen it all, put myself through college MSW , CSCS , work a shitty ass job very stressful - but ya get though and make no excuses. Every one has their story - the greatest warrior is one who conquers himself

Very well said

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Right on. I'm not here to bitch about my problems, to whine or make excuses. When I show up anywhere, it's to work. I will make progress. I will post a decent squat. Like I said above, many on this board go/ gone through much more.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Squat 175x5 185 x1 190 x 1 my form was less than ideal here. Really babying that hamstring and belt slipped.
Bench 200x5 225x3 250x2,1 was really easy but did not have time for joker sets.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Fat grips and expand your hands bands finally arrived last night so I will be adding them. Planning on using the grips for all or most of my accessory work and the bands while I sit and watch tv.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Fat grips and expand your hands bands finally arrived last night so I will be adding them. Planning on using the grips for all or most of my accessory work and the bands while I sit and watch tv.

Let me know how those grips work for you bro I have really been wanting to give them a go.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I played with them a little this morning. They were thicker than I expected or maybe I have little hands. I will give a review after I actually train with them.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I played with them a little this morning. They were thicker than I expected or maybe I have little hands. I will give a review after I actually train with them.

Don't get carried away with the fat gripz. They will cause some serious elbow tendinitis

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

I have baby girl hands so they will prob be huge for me

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Ran a little with the dog, maybe 1.5-2mi. I need to go for a real run one of these days to see where I'm at, but my wife never takes the dog like she promises.

OHP 120x5 135x3 155x1 160x1 120x6
Dead 205 5x3 I remembered the GHR this morning but in the process forgot face pulls so did those after.

I tried out the fat grips for a few sets of hammer curls. BIG difference in forearm fatigue. I do real light hammers while trying to heal my elbows, 10lb DBS and 20-25 reps at a time for 100. My forearms wore the hell out.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Squat 155x5 175x3 195x1
Bench 200 5x5
Tried pull ups with the fat grips, not pretty. But haven't done pull-ups for awhile trying to let elbows heal.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
My cardio consists of walking the dog at least daily, sometimes twice. I also run occasionally anywhere from 1 to 5 miles. I also get in some loaded carries and long hikes at work on occasion. I also do some fighting/combat training.
Right now my weight is in the upper 180s I have been 236 with rough 4 abs, but that was a long time ago. I have also been 4 percent bf also a long time ago.

Good Luck with your quest Monsoon! If you was 236lbs before no reason not to get their again and beyond with good abs also.

But mayb cut down abit on the cardio to get the muscles responding again, and as W/W states above a good diet is vital also, i have beaten my previous BW stats and am more cut as well nearly just skin now and not that young either lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic