Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Sleep

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Hey these compounds can be found together in a sleep combo I found online if anyone is interested - I can share the name or link ( if allowed to by admin)- very inexpensive too
by all means post the link

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I dont' think anyone enjoys sleep more than I do... If I had my own world the day would not start until noon. No need for those hours before noon to be productive, that's valuable sleep time

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Swanson has been around since Jebus!

Yeah I use them forever, I like caps over tabs they got them, wicked cheap prices- Im into alot of homepathic and herbal shit, they got this immunity formula I take too, My jarrow ,"Bone-up" supp Ive used since my spine surgery in 95

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Bump this post up as I was just thinking of this yesterday after hearing that cortisol is negatively affected with less than 5 hours AND, more than 8 hours in adults, but I can only imagine this is an average and cannot be right for most....

Needless to say my life has a sh*t ton of stress, and go, go, go if I am waking up as I should be then I am up no later than 3:15 to hit the gym, and struggle to get to bed by 8, usually though its 8:30 at the very earliest that I'm closing my eyes, and I bounce from falling asleep to being wide awake for 30-60 minutes...sometimes later/longer, seems any little thing completely revs me, and relaxing takes absolute discipline for me....I take supps for sleeping when I can remember to get them in my belly by 7pm, or there are no questions, I WILL sleep through my alarm, and that screws everything up!

It doesn't really matter if I've gotten 5 or 7 hours of sleep, I still am absolutely exhausted come the weekend, and prrobably take a full day of doing nothing but the gym every other week, which I hate, makes me feel like I've had no weekend at all..and come vacation time its SLEEP, 10 PLUS HOURS A DAY.... if sleep is really really poor and I really need some serious recovery I will pin a few iu's gh before bed, and take melatonin(10mg, double release) zma, and phenibut, a sure fire way to make 7-8hrs feel like 24 for me....with these kind of recovery. "Days" I do ok....though I'm not sure if I would benefit from any more...I dealt with "insomnia" through highschool, and was told my natty circadian rythym was wanting to sleep from 2am, to 2pm....but that didn't work with school, and I know I still tend this way, and the melatonin helps, but even with it come weekends. Its tough to keep on the same schedule, I much prefer 11 pm to 9am , but the not being rigid within a few hours resets back to that later schedule every time....so yep I'm working on it, but sleep I would say is my biggest struggle, and all this doesn't take into acct when/if I dream, I suffered from night terrors as a kid, and still control my dreams 95% of the time (and when I don't its a bad night terror I'm having, which is 1000x worse) and so I am more exhausted upon waking then I was going to sleep...

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I get about 8-10. I am NOT a morning person, ironically I am posting now because of driving the daughter to school. lol

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I actually feel better and seem to be more alert on 6hrs...been getting more like 7 or 8 lately though...and feel like crap LOL. I have been sick though, and it seems my body would like to double it's sleep requirement as I feel tired all day...Best I ever felt was on 5-6hrs of sleep...for me, I sleep like the dead so isomnia is not an issue....too much sleep is not good

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I can easily function on 5 hours, usually get 6.

Sleep studies are sooo varied I've come to the conclusion there is no perfect # for everyone.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Wow, I must have that Period 3 Clock Gene 'cause I'm lucky to get 4hrs of hit and miss sleep and usually not that. I try to sleep in Sat am to compensate. After my day ends, I feel cheated out of life unless I stay up and get me time. I do need that cup o' joe in the am to rev my engines and get my brain neurons firing but I'm much more productive as the day progresses. I read the ave sleep time is 5.5hrs.
Interesting read:
The Mystery of Sleep and the lucky few who don’t need it – Mind Update

Anyone heard of Polyphasic Sleep?

Polyphasic sleep is a system of limiting daily sleep time to 2-5 hours by taking a 20-45 minute nap every four hours. People who practice this technique claim to be more alert and healthier than before they started. Leonardo da Vinci used this method, living double the expected life span of his time. Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison experimented with similar sleep patterns throughout their most inventive phases.

Tobler, I., Napping and polyphasic sleep in mammals, In Sleep and Alertness: Chronobiological, Behavioral and Medical Aspects of Napping, edited by D.F. Dinges and R.J. Broughton, Raven Press, New York, 1989

When I do sleep, I dream in full living color and it feels like reality not like watching a movie like several people I know.

Last edited:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Doesn't everyone dream in color...news to me.

Polyphasic sleep is odd I've tried it. You get to a point where if you are at nap time you will go right out but I couldn't do that long term. Hell it's hard to plan a day like that because you absolutely need those naps.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Yeah, I can't imagine functioning long term with a full-time job. Most people don't have a schedule whereby they can even experiment with that sleep pattern. And my ex-Fat **** of a husband who had a small 3inch penor is one who dreams in black & white. (pathetic piece of shit that he was)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic