Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Sleep

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i love sleep only second to eating :D i start the monchers to bed around 7:30 and try to be in bed myself by 8:30-9pm. i get up at 4 am on weekdays so it gives me about 7 hours of sleep. honestly by the end of the week, i feel like i have not had enough! it is always harder to make myself get to the gym by friday which is one of the reasons that i always tried to work arms on friday as it didnt take as much effort.

how many hours a night do you sleep?

do you feel it affects your workout when you are lacking in sleep?

do you think your recovery is as fast or as good when you dont get enough sleep?

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I love to sleep and eat , sometimes do them together .....I always get to bed no later than 8:30 pm and I get up at 3:30 am to start eating and head to the gym .I lift early 4:45am to 6:15 am and then to work . Thats Mon- fri and on the weekends I am still in bed by 9 pm the latest and up at 6 am for food and coffee . I am the same way though , by the end of the week I still feel exhausted and sleep deprived for certain but it is what it is ...I just cant get to bed any earlier than 8:30 at night due to the kids and getting them all tucked i and settled ......

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
As you all know i am probly on the most structured schedule here but unfortunatly it wasnt designed for anyone who trains seriously. Sadly i get 5 hrs and 45min of sleep daily. it allows for 45 min of cardio and 45 min of weights only. I sacrifice a few hrs a day to get a decent workout in. I take benadryl on the way home from work every 5th day to ensure a good 8 hrs of rest on my no training days. With 14hr work days this is what i have to deal with. It may be slightly counterproductive but i feel its necessary to maintain sanity.

Great thread by the way.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
suffred from insomnia all my life. Sleep can be 6 hours or as little as nothing for up to 30 hours. I don't know if it affects my recovery as I've never really slept properly.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am the king of naps... I cam shut my eyes and I am out in no time. But I never feel like I have gotten enough sleep even though I average 9 hours per day.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I get about 10 hours of sleep a night.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Some people are less sensitive to sleep deprivation...Ronnie Coleman slept 4 hrs a day a good bit of the time he was Olympia.
For me its 7, and if you dont get what your body requires so far as sleep your body starts to up cortisol and we all know what that means...bad...bad.
If you have a stressful life and its hectic and on the go, you will more than likely need more sleep, if you got it like that and can lay around not having to do much you will probably require less, and oh btw...too much sleep can be as detrimental to bodybuilding needs as too little.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
suffred from insomnia all my life. Sleep can be 6 hours or as little as nothing for up to 30 hours. I don't know if it affects my recovery as I've never really slept properly.
damn, i feel for you stumpy! i cant imagine not getting sleep.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010

Some sups I found beneficial.
Melatonin
GABA powder 5 grms
Valerian Root
Magnesium

There are a list of others, but most didnt do shit for me in that sense, I suffered from insomnia years ago, shit really sucked.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Some people are less sensitive to sleep deprivation...Ronnie Coleman slept 4 hrs a day a good bit of the time he was Olympia.
Didn't know that about Coleman... that's an interesting case study right there...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Didn't know that about Coleman... that's an interesting case study right there...

Yeah I know when I took lots of tren, and I was dieting for shows I would need less sleep myself, suddenly 5-6 hours was enough, even though you would think you would need more...I would wake up every day -same time-wide awake and start cranking.

Off season with the additional weight and growth requirements, I slept like a rock, sometimes 10 hrs.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Some sups I found beneficial.
Melatonin
GABA powder 5 grms
Valerian Root
Magnesium

There are a list of others, but most didnt do shit for me in that sense, I suffered from insomnia years ago, shit really sucked.

Hey these compounds can be found together in a sleep combo I found online if anyone is interested - I can share the name or link ( if allowed to by admin)- very inexpensive too

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic