Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Skull Crushers vs Close Grip Bench

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Although I have 19" arms I feel sometimes they kinda look funny. Not having good mass in the bicep I have great strength in my arms due to exceptionally large triceps. Since my biceps don't want to develope like i want, i'm going to go for even more mass in the tricep area. Which one of the two exercises do you feel adds more mass? Skull Crushers vs Close Grip Bench.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Do both. CGBP is a compound and skulls are the best tricep iso IMO. Id opt for dips over CGBP though. Tricep dips are absolute best tri mass builders... and chest dips are amazing chest builders.. and actually tricep dips hit chest as well as chest dips still hit tris hard. If you dont already incorporate some form of dips, definitely do.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I do them both. Skull crusher just tear me up. Love them though. I alternate them and seated DB ext

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I do both. Another thing i like is to start with skull crushers then bring the ez curl bar into a close grip bench press position and go into pressing movement, super set. Talk about a mean burn.

Last edited:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I do scull crushers with a straight bar and close grip on the smith machine.i found that close grip on the smith has worked better for me the reason being is I can load it up.the scull crusher is awsome as is weighted dips but with my shoulder issues I no longer do dips which pisses me off.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
Do both. CGBP is a compound and skulls are the best tricep iso IMO. Id opt for dips over CGBP though. Tricep dips are absolute best tri mass builders... and chest dips are amazing chest builders.. and actually tricep dips hit chest as well as chest dips still hit tris hard. If you dont already incorporate some form of dips, definitely do.

^^^^^This. Its as simple as this.^^

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Dips hurt my wrists and shoulders like crazy, and I really wish they didn't. No other exercise leaves my joints as sore as dips.

Love the CGBP/skull crush combo though. Super pump on that one!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Skull crushers make my elbows feel like IronCore's knees after a long weekend at the all male review.

Love Close Grip, like doing higher reps, not as bad on my wrists.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
With tri exercises I drop the wieght and increase the reps when my joints feel sore.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Straight bar skull crushers and chains. Chains make you concentrate because if the instability. Blows my tris up!

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Skull crushers make my elbows feel like IronCore's knees after a long weekend at the all male review.

Love Close Grip, like doing higher reps, not as bad on my wrists.

The same happened to me, absolutely destroyed my elbows.. started using much lighter weight /higher reps and really focusing on contraction and eliminated all elbow pain. Used to leave me wincing for hours after a workout

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
I like em both but i like dips better. Cgbp hurts my wrists a little. Sometimes I can't do em.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic