Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Six pack abs!!!

A

alexander.prejean

Dec 3, 2011
Hello guys!!!

I need your valuable advice in order to get a six pack abs.

I just want to trash my fatty belly

you know , a complete changeover into a flat ab .

Is the cardio training necesary in order to achieve this goal?

I own a treadmill and I run abou 30 minutes running at a 4.9 speed ... is this helping me to slit the fat from my belly

best regards ,

alexander

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
the old saying is abs are made in the kitchen! there is certainly a genetic compenant to it but for the most part, it is your diet that is going to get you abs and not the treadmill. also, abs are very dense and if you want awesome ones, you have to work them almost every day. not that you cant get them doing it once a week but to get them and keep them even when diet might not be the best, you have to work em. i have worked mine M-F every morning for 2 years now.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
In my opinion, here's the order in which abs are made:

1. Diet
2. Genetics
3. Direct Ab Work

If you have 1 and 2 going for you then 3 may not be needed (e.g., Franco Columbo). If you don't have 2 going for you then 1 and 3 are required. We're all pre-dispositioned differently from a genetic standpoint (i.e., some body parts are naturally easier). Some have genetically gifted abs when they diet down. Those who don't need to do direct work.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
^^agreed, all the cardio and ab work in the worls doesnt mean jack if your diet isnt in check.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I do very little ab work. No need to work them every day.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
^^ lets see waht nut nut has to say about this!!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I think for everyone is different... but if fat is your problem then diet and yes cardio is key

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
No good working your abs if you've a fat layer on top. Sort your diet, up your cardio. Your abs get enough training from everything else you do in the gym. Forget the Mens Health bullshit of crunches and crap like that.....diet & cardio bro.

LindaD

LindaD

Nov 21, 2011
Cardio is not always as scary as it sounds.
If you change it up and turn it into a challenge for yourself it can be fun. My personal favorite is doing a Tabata interval session.
5 rounds of 8 - 20 second work 10 sec rest intervals.
Exercises can include anything. Sprints (not running), Tuck jumps, box jumps, pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats, the list is endless. Keep track of the number of reps you manage in each 20 second interval. On paper this looks deceiving but give it your all and it's going to bite, plus it beats the treadmill - IMHO

Jersey Steel

Jersey Steel

Dec 6, 2011
Cardio will definitely stoke the metabolism and keep it going. Not the key for a defined midsection though

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
if you want abs when you finally get your bodyfat low enough than you should probably start working them so that there is something there to see when you are at 10%. unless of course you dont really want nice definable abs then dont bother working them. :))

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
4.9 mph..? I walk faster than that. C'mon man, at least 8mph...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic