Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Single best triceps builder in your experience ?

jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
Which exercise would you cite as being the single most productive mass building triceps movement youve ever utilised ?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I like dips and banded triceps pressdowns and have had some good growth in my triceps the past couple years using those.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
French press or similar overhead work mixed with close grip, elbows tucked, bench presses seem to give me the best results.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Close Grip Bench or on Floor and Skull Crushers for Mass Builders.

As for Finishers.. Rope Pressdowns banded or Cable have always been my go too.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
This answer my seem weird but strict overhead presses always have seemed to pack some meat onto my triceps. I hold the bar narrower than a standard bench grip. An inch or 2 inside the rings.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
reverse grip bench press. twice as good as the next best thing.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
My favorite would be weighted dips with elbows in... IF your shoulders are in good shape.

Close second would be heavy medium-narrow bench press with elbows in, grip slightly less than shoulder width.

I also like seated overhead triceps extensions, done with either a single heavy dumbbell or an ez-bar. I either use a an upright bench with a back rest for the db extensions, or sometimes use another piece of equipment at the gym that has a bench at a slight incline, and has a front support to rest a barbell/ez bar.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
For Strength: JM Press
For Size: Swiss Bar (Neutral Close grips) Bench Press and V-bar pushdowns.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
I have tried skull crushers and I'm presses but that always seems to cause pain in my elbows. Other then pull downs I try not to let my forearm be anything other than perpendicular to the ground. Any other position causes pain. Like I mentioned before the strict presses always seemed to work, also bench, close grip bench, board presses and floor presses always seem to help the triceps. I guess many of the variations of pressing have always returned the most gain with the least pain.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic