Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

SILVA got knocked the f' out!!

superman4hire

superman4hire

May 23, 2013
Silva, wtf was he thinking. Drop your arms and dare someone to punch you in the chin... well guess what

He just signed a 10 fight contract not too long ago, and now saying post fight he doesn't want a rematch or to fight for a title. Again, wtf?!?

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Anybody can talk like they are humble before and after fights, but his actions inside the ring show his true character. It started with Damien Maia, a fellow Brazilian and true class act, and Silva just acted a complete cocky fool in the ring for 5 rounds and never finished him or took it seriously. It was sad for Damien to be treated like that by a countryman. I'm sure he would have rather been destroyed in short order by a classy competitor than be taunted for 25 minutes in front of his legion of fans.

In stark contrast, Chael Sonnen talks mad shit to hype up fights, but he is a classy fighter without losing any edge, and he is humble and gracious in defeat or victory. If you watched The Ultimate Fighter where Chael was a coach, you know that he is one of, if not the, best coach ever. He truly cared about his fighters and showed beyond any doubt that his ACT is just that, an act to sell tickets.

Anderson is one of the best fighters ever, but he just couldn't stop the success from making him a complete douchebag.

You sad are right. I never thought of it that way. That's why I asked you to please explain and you did. An your right.

S

Seth Gecko

Nov 6, 2011
I may be wrong but, I think the champions in each weight class get a ppv slice. Great analogy btw
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-162-fighter-salaries-despite-164311670--mma.html

travesty that Weidman only got 48k to fight for the title

Some of the fighters get a slice of the PPV, but the terms are all secret...... I figure if it was anything substantial the UFC wouldn't want it kept a secret..... Totally agree it's a travesty Weidman made 48k, that fight probably generated near 1 million residential buys and a lot of commercial ones too...... at what, $50 a pop?

The UFC totally takes advantage of its fighters IMHO, until recently a lot of the contract terms were secret but its slowly starting to come out. Its bad enough that Mayweather makes more in 1 fight than Silva has made in his career, but its the stuff like the UFC owning your image, your signature etc etc for life.
If the UFC wanted to make an Anderson Silva pop machine, or any other merchandise at any time in the future, its an 80/20 split in revenue in favor of the UFC.
Lets say someone decides to leave the UFC when their current deal expires? The UFC has matching rights for a YEAR....... So basically they're stuck in limbo until the year runs out.
And even if you sign a 10 fight deal, none of it is guaranteed..... Not even 1 dollar..... The UFC can cut you at any time.

Anyways here's a link if you guys want to check it out, its the basic UFC contract broken down into laymen's terms. I was never a fan of how they treated their fighters, after seeing this I'm completely disgusted.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...k-inside-the-ufcs-top-secret-fighter-contract

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Anybody can talk like they are humble before and after fights, but his actions inside the ring show his true character. It started with Damien Maia, a fellow Brazilian and true class act, and Silva just acted a complete cocky fool in the ring for 5 rounds and never finished him or took it seriously. It was sad for Damien to be treated like that by a countryman. I'm sure he would have rather been destroyed in short order by a classy competitor than be taunted for 25 minutes in front of his legion of fans.

In stark contrast, Chael Sonnen talks mad shit to hype up fights, but he is a classy fighter without losing any edge, and he is humble and gracious in defeat or victory. If you watched The Ultimate Fighter where Chael was a coach, you know that he is one of, if not the, best coach ever. He truly cared about his fighters and showed beyond any doubt that his ACT is just that, an act to sell tickets.

Anderson is one of the best fighters ever, but he just couldn't stop the success from making him a complete douchebag.

Agreed , No class, period. If you're a Champ act like you been there before. Like Jerry Rice, probably the All Time Athlete, NEVER ONCE showboated in all his TD's = class act

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
One of the most satisfying feelings in the world I'd when some asshole sticks his chin out at you and regrets it when they have to hit him with the ammonia inhalant to wake his ass up.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone have a link, I can't find one.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think Silva was extremely concerned about half way through the first round when Wiedman took him down pretty easily, and then manhandled him on the ground. Once Silva got up, you could see he was trying to get in Wiedman's head with the taunting and crap. Wiedman took the bait a bit at the end of the first round, and Silva probably figured that unless he gets into Wiedman's head it was gonna be a long night. Silva is 38 years old, and was probably quicker a few years ago. Perhaps that shot would have missed in the old days, or perhaps he was just lucky back then. In any event, the showboating, taunting, drop your hands crap didn't work too well....

And then he says he doesn't want a rematch? LOL I guess that tells you what he thinks his chances are next time. I think he sees Wiedman as a bad match up for him, and doesn't want to get his butt handed to him twice in a row.

highnlow

highnlow

Sep 14, 2012
I heard on Sirius Fightclub last week that Dana White is thinking about Superbowl Saturday for the rematch.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic