Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

SILVA got knocked the f' out!!

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Showboating yes. He went in knowing/planning to lose I feel like. There won't be no super fight Gsp said he doesn't wanna fight him.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I was ELATED to see Silva lose.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Either way he was top paid fighter of the night. He was paid $600,000.00 now had he of won it would have been 800,000.00. I think he is prolly ready to retire. Even though he didnt say it I'm sure he would like to.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
the big money is on the rematch. and that 600 k is before his pay per view percentage. im betting the rematch, if there is one draws more than a super fight.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Silva is to classy as McDonald's is to fine-dining.

And I don't think MMA fighters get percentages of the pay-per-view like boxers do. It's been a major point of contention in past negotiations and to my knowledge, they still only get a set amount + bonuses.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

And I don't think MMA fighters get percentages of the pay-per-view like boxers do. It's been a major point of contention in past negotiations and to my knowledge, they still only get a set amount + bonuses.

I may be wrong but, I think the champions in each weight class get a ppv slice. Great analogy btw
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-162-fighter-salaries-despite-164311670--mma.html

travesty that Weidman only got 48k to fight for the title

Last edited:
Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011

Explaine what makes him not classy. I guess u have seen something I haven't.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

I cant speak for sad but, many hate the show boating stuff that he is known to do in the ring.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I cant speak for sad but, many hate the show boating stuff that he is known to do in the ring.

Ok i don't like it either and I guess I see what ur saying. Cause in football when a touchdown is scored I would rather see someone run past ref hand them the ball or toss it to them the to watch the dumbass dance or something.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I may be wrong but, I think the champions in each weight class get a ppv slice. Great analogy btw
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-162-fighter-salaries-despite-164311670--mma.html

travesty that Weidman only got 48k to fight for the title

Interesting. I know it was a huge contention in the past, and something that Floyd Mayweather called out Dana White on. I hope they are starting to split the profits up slightly more evenly in terms of Zuffa vs. the fighters.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Anybody can talk like they are humble before and after fights, but his actions inside the ring show his true character. It started with Damien Maia, a fellow Brazilian and true class act, and Silva just acted a complete cocky fool in the ring for 5 rounds and never finished him or took it seriously. It was sad for Damien to be treated like that by a countryman. I'm sure he would have rather been destroyed in short order by a classy competitor than be taunted for 25 minutes in front of his legion of fans.

In stark contrast, Chael Sonnen talks mad shit to hype up fights, but he is a classy fighter without losing any edge, and he is humble and gracious in defeat or victory. If you watched The Ultimate Fighter where Chael was a coach, you know that he is one of, if not the, best coach ever. He truly cared about his fighters and showed beyond any doubt that his ACT is just that, an act to sell tickets.

Anderson is one of the best fighters ever, but he just couldn't stop the success from making him a complete douchebag.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic