Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Show off your Labor Day BBQ or grill food

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Chicken and rice. Labor Day should involve labor. When I don't work, I don't get paid.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That brisket has a beautiful bark on it! Your chamber temp is higher than I expected, but at a lower temp the brisket can take forever.
How long usually, I suck at brisket, did my last one for 15 hours and I feel I could have done it in a much shorter time at a little higher heat.

It is hotter than normal. I use a pellet smoker and was disappointed at the bark. An ole boy I know told me go hot and fast. Never looked back. BUT!!! I have had a couple turn out mediocre. Just like slow and low it takes some skill and trial and error.

One big thing for me is to open the foil a bit when at about 205f. Use a sheet of butcher paper between foil and brisket or brisket will stick to the foil. The liquid will evaporate (Keep an eye or the bottom will burn.) But it adds to the bark which comes out as good as my old stick burners. I had 2 I used. An upright and a conventional for BBQ comps. Never won but my team was always well respected and got some honorable mentions out of a big field of competitors.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic