Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Show off your Labor Day BBQ or grill food

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I did a pot of beans, potato salad and a brisket which turned out to be one of the best I have ever done. Just a regular grocery store choice grade brisket but the cook went perfect. The flat held together to slice and was still very moist and the fat rendered in the point to perfection. Pic is of the slice where I separated the point from the flat. Anyone who says slow and low is the only way to cook is wrong.

I give you, Jipped Genes's BBQ brisket perfection.

beef2.jpg
beef1.jpg

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I did a pot of beans, potato salad and a brisket which turned out to be one of the best I have ever done. Just a regular grocery store choice grade brisket but the cook went perfect. The flat held together to slice and was still very moist and the fat rendered in the point to perfection. Pic is of the slice where I separated the point from the flat. Anyone who says slow and low is the only way to cook is wrong.

I give you, Jipped Genes's BBQ brisket perfection.

View attachment 14478View attachment 14479
Post instructions

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Looks good, smoked a whole salmon filet, no pics

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, didn't get to grill this year/today:(

It was a pretty nice day out too. Next week the heat is picking back up some again. I can't wait until fall!!!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Post instructions
Easy,

Trim brisket and season I used two different seasonings as I did not have enough of either.
Put meat on smoker at 300 for 3-4 hours until center is 155-160 f
wrap with foil and continue until 208f
rest meat still inside foil for 2-3 hours wrapped in a towel

Always perfect for me. Different smokers have different convection rates. Do not go by time but by temps and feel. Flat should be firm and point should be soft and the meat probe should slide in with very little effort.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
How long usually, I suck at brisket, did my last one for 15 hours and I feel I could have done it in a much shorter time at a little higher heat.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That brisket has a beautiful bark on it! Your chamber temp is higher than I expected, but at a lower temp the brisket can take forever.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Slow cooked ribs yesterday. Grilled up some giant tomahawk steaks on Sunday. Lots of nice beers over the weekend. No pics...

Summer's over and fall is here. Time to get back in shape. Anyone else here always in their best shape of the year in the beginning of May and then worst shape of the year by Labor day? Damn summer grilling and beers...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic