Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulder Mobility And Shoulder Ache

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'm not bad gk. Where you been man? Thanks for the tips. Glad to have some more info to try.

Thanks wood. I didn't even think about not having adjusted yet. I may have to go back to once a week. I think I'll know the answer during my next bench session.

Yeah bro. When I started karate after a few years' lay off of serious exercise (recovering from a back injury), it took my joints 8 to 12 months to adjust. There was a period where my wrists, shoulders and elbows were all sore at various times. Then after the 12 months, no more pain. I think it takes time to harden up your body and to get it used to working hard. And if you push through, instead of letting it recover, you can make it quite a bit worse. So let your body recover. Don't force yourself ahead, take it easy on the exercises that bother the most, until your body adjusts. That's my 2 cents. . .

liftmonster

liftmonster

Nov 15, 2012
I constantly sleep with my right arm under my pillow so it is always stiff especially if I hit the gym early in the am. When I first started lifting I was taught to wrap a band around a leg of the squat rack, one you can easily stretch, and do pulls in all four directions and behind the legs to warm up every muscle in the shoulder. It works great and I use every time before I bench. Sometimes on other days if I am just stiff. Also try working a baseball or softball into the front and back of the shoulder muscles in a circular pattern, I find it gets those hard to reach spots sometimes. Hope this helps.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Shoulder dislocations aka. stick stretches are a great shoulder mobility exercise.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
you need more upperback strength. if you cant support torso due to back injury, you can do inverted bench row where you lie down on the bench and pull the cable down from ceiling to your chest or abs. you can do cable rear delt raise this way too.

Right on, bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic