Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulder Mobility And Shoulder Ache

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
you need more upperback strength. if you cant support torso due to back injury, you can do inverted bench row where you lie down on the bench and pull the cable down from ceiling to your chest or abs. you can do cable rear delt raise this way too.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
you need more upperback strength. if you cant support torso due to back injury, you can do inverted bench row where you lie down on the bench and pull the cable down from ceiling to your chest or abs. you can do cable rear delt raise this way too.

This is absolutely correct. Its a posture issue. Do some rows and don't worry about the weight. Get a lot of reps in. I aim for 100 reps per week but with heavier weight when my shoulders bitch at me. So you should maybe shoot for 200.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012

This is absolutely correct. Its a posture issue. Do some rows and don't worry about the weight. Get a lot of reps in. I aim for 100 reps per week but with heavier weight when my shoulders bitch at me. So you should maybe shoot for 200.

Thanks guys. When you say upper back, are you referring to the traps and lats?

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Hi Turbo :eek: I hope you are doing well my friend, its been a while.

I like to work on the rear delts before doing anything with shoulders really. Seems to loosen them up pretty good for me, warms them up and increases my immediate ROM, and makes the rest of my shoulder workout much easier on the joints. I tend to use the fly machine first for the rear delts and take it easy until I feel that I am ready to rock and roll.

Do people still say that? Ready to Rock and roll?

Another thing, if you are having joint issues and/or ligament and tendon issues, you should try stacking USPlabs supercissus with Achilles from Antaeus Labs. Anyone I have put on that combo has loved it and it made a huge difference.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
What POB says sounds good to me. Also, I would exercise the rotators.

But most of all, if you are benching twice per week after having been out for a while, maybe your body just hasn't adjusted yet? I would cut back on that until the pain subsides, then add back in the second workout and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Hi Turbo :eek: I hope you are doing well my friend, its been a while.

I like to work on the rear delts before doing anything with shoulders really. Seems to loosen them up pretty good for me, warms them up and increases my immediate ROM, and makes the rest of my shoulder workout much easier on the joints. I tend to use the fly machine first for the rear delts and take it easy until I feel that I am ready to rock and roll.

Do people still say that? Ready to Rock and roll?

Another thing, if you are having joint issues and/or ligament and tendon issues, you should try stacking USPlabs supercissus with Achilles from Antaeus Labs. Anyone I have put on that combo has loved it and it made a huge difference.

I'm not bad gk. Where you been man? Thanks for the tips. Glad to have some more info to try.

What POB says sounds good to me. Also, I would exercise the rotators.

But most of all, if you are benching twice per week after having been out for a while, maybe your body just hasn't adjusted yet? I would cut back on that until the pain subsides, then add back in the second workout and see how it goes.

Thanks wood. I didn't even think about not having adjusted yet. I may have to go back to once a week. I think I'll know the answer during my next bench session.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
My old gym had an overhead row machine, seated, arms in over your head and you pull the weight from over your head down to your stomach. Called a seated pullover machine or seated chest pullover:

th

You can do it with a seated bench and cables as well:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/CBSeatedStraightArmPullover.html

Low weight should be fine, really warms shoulders up nicely.

So a pullover is an overhead row ? just don't know what an overhead row is LOL

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
The PT I work with generally accepts a ratio of 2:1 pull to push volume for shoulder health. When the scapula are supported by a bench, inevitably you can press more than you can row, so you need to increase the rowing volume to compensate. -EK

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
I just wish whoever designed us did a better damn job on our shoulders and elbows. Tendonitis is a bitch.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I just wish whoever designed us did a better damn job on our shoulders and elbows. Tendonitis is a bitch.

i feel your pain. god was not a weight lifter i am guessing

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic