Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulder hurts sometime

T

tkrex

Nov 3, 2011
One of my shoulders hurts and it seams aggravated after bench day...I'm only benching around 300 for 7 reps and have never had issues before.
I'm 45 plus yrs old

whats the best way to handle this...its not unbearable pain and it comes and goes

I was thinking I might start shooting deca right at it

suggestions?

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Possible strain or tear bro? You go to the doc to have it checked out? Maybe a lil rest for a couple weeks and see how ya feel when ya come back to it. Just my .02 cents

T

tkrex

Nov 3, 2011
haven't been to the doc and I hate to lose any size and strength....it comes and goes

i havent ever had issues in the past...maybe im just getting too old

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Deca isn't going to solve your problem IMO. Sounds like a slight shoulder impingement. Start doing some face pulls at the end of bench day. You can also work in some shoulder re-hab movements like wall angels and band pull-aparts.

18gauge

Feb 3, 2012
stop doing flat bench and start rehabing that shoulder! switch to incline, do some internal/ external rotations, shoulder dislocations, and take a couple weeks worth of anti inflamatories

T

tkrex

Nov 3, 2011
face pulls at the end of bench day. wall angels and band pull-aparts. internal/ external rotations, shoulder dislocations

you guys lost me here...no idea what any of these exercises are. lol

K

Keeny

Nov 21, 2011
I've had the same problem. From slight occasional pain, it became severe that i had to take couple of weeks off workout & lost most of my size.

couple of things:

- Move away from barbell bench press & get on to dumbbell bench press. This allows shoulders to have their own movement, wherever required.
- chest, shoulders - give gap of 3-4 days between the two. I used to do all 3 heavies - back, chest & shoulders on MTW, which put unnecessary strain on the shoulder. Give it some gap.
- lot of warm-up - add some physio level exercises to warm your shoulder up, regardless of what your workout plan is
- and lastly, its better to give a week's gap then having to take time off for couple of weeks. If its nothing serious, you'd be back on top after the week.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I've had the same problem. From slight occasional pain, it became severe that i had to take couple of weeks off workout & lost most of my size.

If you eat every 2-3 hours during your time off, there shouldn't be size loss right?

ydopen

ydopen

Mar 20, 2012
I have had some hurting in my right shoulder while benching and shoulder press, I quit coming down so far and lightened up the weight some with higher reps and its doing much better.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
face pulls at the end of bench day. wall angels and band pull-aparts. internal/ external rotations, shoulder dislocations

you guys lost me here...no idea what any of these exercises are. lol

Youtube is your friend :)

DieselCrew.com - Shoulder Rehab - Face Pulls - YouTube

band pull aparts 12-08 - YouTube

Wall Angel Exercise - YouTube

and so on...

Also, play with your grip width... A wider grip will reduce the degree of rotation in your shoulder which may offer some relief.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic