12.5x15x3 rear delt
30x15x3 shrug

tricep rope pressdown-30x15, 30x12

side lateral 12.5x15, 12.5x12

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
forgot to mention...starting out this cut at the same weight as I started last years...except visibly leaner...should be fun :)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
oh good lord...I forgot how horrible the depletion workouts can be when dieting LOL. Combined legs/back and biceps to try and get it down to one trip to the gym on Tuesday...probably not the best choice.

5 minutes treadmill warmup

it was busy so instead of my usual superset or giant set routine I just had to rotate through the stations as I could get them, so it made it both more challenging and kind of helped a little in some respects, either way I still stopped a couple sets short because I was ready to hurl...

squat press-
90x10 wu
180x15x4

standing ham curl
10x10wu
15x15x3

standing calf raise
60x15x2

pulldowns
60x10wu
75x15x3 (2 wide grip 1 narrow reverse grip)

bicep cable bar curl
40x15x3

was too sick to even consider doing hypers or rows...despite that I think I got plenty depleted, thought I would have to crawl to my car...sick and shakey and in a cold sweat....good times...good times

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
oh lordy....depleted cardio sucks ass! 30 minutes on the cross trainer for 330 calories down (or so the machine says...who knows really)

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
was too sick to even consider doing hypers or rows...despite that I think I got plenty depleted, thought I would have to crawl to my car...sick and shakey and in a cold sweat....good times...good times

lol. Thanks for the smile today Shan! How far out is your show?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
14 weeks this Saturday....ugh. not sure I will be able to do ud2.0 all the way through without hitting a serious wall....low cals and real low carbs with the volume is a lot for this old gal....I'm already feeling beat up lol

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
ok, so today I got in 30 minutes of cardio on the xtrainer at lunch for about 310 calories burned (if you can trust the machine)

final deplete before my carb up:

warmup
5 minutes on the treadmill
20 ea. int/ext rotations
foam roller...just about everything LOL

bench
barx5, 65x5 wu
90x8/6

bent over bb row
barx5
70x10 regular grip
70x10 reverse grip

db shoulder press
15x5 wu
30x10/8

pulldowns
60x5 wu
105x10 wide grip
90x10 narrow reverse grip

standing leg curl
15x5 wu
30x8

tricep / bicep cable (both with bar)
50x5 wu for each
100x10 tricep
60x10 bicep

face pulls
60x5 wu
80x10/10

seated leg press
130x6 wu
190x6, 150x6x2...both knees screaming at me so cut it short

back ext.
bw x 5 wu
+25x10, +35x10

hanging leg raises 10x2

Felt good and strong (thank you preworkout drink with 40g of carbs LOL), just not sure if my knees are going to hold up...sucks but what can you do...work around it as best you can and do as much as possible.

post workout drink-52g protein and 46g carbs + 2 poptarts (about 72g carbs)

post workout meal 2hrs later...3 servings of frosted mini wheats...120g carbs :)

This is the first week on ud2.0 that the post workout carbs haven't made me sick all evening...not sure what the difference is this week...but it is appreciated. I actually got in the full amount of carbs that are "required" for this protocol! YAY!

Tomorrow-I get to cram about 600g of carbs down my gullet...looking forward to bagel time...mmmmm...bagels

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I just couldn't handle the carb ups on UD2.0 -- way too much for me while being extremely Starvin' Marvin between the carb ups to the point of getting lightheaded all the time, affecting my ability to do my job.

RE: knees - I use nylon knee sleeves for leg day. I don't need (or want) a heavy neoprene thing that is going to wad up behind my knees when I have to contract, so the nylon elastic ones provide just enough support. McDavid is the only one I've found that I like: http://www.amazon.com/McDavid-Elast...365137923&sr=8-4&keywords=mcdavid+knee+sleeve

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I look forward to my bagel load LOL...it makes the rest of the week tolerable to me. I find that when I am taking my claritin d for my allergies I have no appetite to speak of, so I just take it every day except the carb up day and then I can eat at will LOL I have always had a problem with the post workout shake making me sick, and even after I switched to getting part of the simple carbs from the shake and eating poptarts for the rest, I still have gotten sick, sweaty and shakey and can't really eat the rest of the evening....until this week. For whatever reason I didn't get sick at all and actually felt pretty good (but felt like crap on Wed and early Thursday).

I am just not sure I will be able to hang with the ud2 because of the training volume for the depletion days, it is just alot of wear and tear, especially on my knees, everything else seems fine with it...but those depletion workouts can make me sick as a dog too LOL...too much volume in too short of time and with too few carbs and calories...makes for a brutal workout.

I am going to get some new shoes, these non shock absorbing pieces of crap I am wearing to work have to go...need to get some black tennis shoes or work shoes..as long as they can pass for office shoes LOL. I just need more cushioning...and will be looking into the knee wraps too...thanks sassy.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I look forward to my bagel load LOL...it makes the rest of the week tolerable to me. I find that when I am taking my claritin d for my allergies I have no appetite to speak of, so I just take it every day except the carb up day and then I can eat at will LOL I have always had a problem with the post workout shake making me sick, and even after I switched to getting part of the simple carbs from the shake and eating poptarts for the rest, I still have gotten sick, sweaty and shakey and can't really eat the rest of the evening....until this week. For whatever reason I didn't get sick at all and actually felt pretty good (but felt like crap on Wed and early Thursday).

I am just not sure I will be able to hang with the ud2 because of the training volume for the depletion days, it is just alot of wear and tear, especially on my knees, everything else seems fine with it...but those depletion workouts can make me sick as a dog too LOL...too much volume in too short of time and with too few carbs and calories...makes for a brutal workout.

I am going to get some new shoes, these non shock absorbing pieces of crap I am wearing to work have to go...need to get some black tennis shoes or work shoes..as long as they can pass for office shoes LOL. I just need more cushioning...and will be looking into the knee wraps too...thanks sassy.

More cushioning: http://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Original-Orthotic-Insoles/dp/B000NOYB4Y

Whatever shoes I get, I rip out the insole and replace w/ these. I've got more foot problems than your average bear so I can speak to how much these things help. Not to mention $30 replacement orthodics are hella cheaper than new shoes all the time!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks sassy, I will look into these. I did get new shoes for cardio, I haven't had new ones in a couple years LOL...but I couldn't find any new work shoes. Part of the issue for me is that I tend to only wear slip on shoes, which limits adding insoles, but it is so hard to find a shoe that is comfortable for me. I have really wide, flat feet, flat naturally...which makes fitting hard. Shoes with arch support are uncomfortable to me because thats just not right for my feet. I am just going to have to break down and get a comfy pair (if I can find any).

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Monday was a messed up day, I didn't get into the gym (well I did, but I had forgotten to pack all my stuff). So, I did 2 sessions yesterday:

a.m. chest /shoulders/ back

int/ext rotation warmups

db bench / oh shoulder press
22.5x12x3 bench
22.5x12x3 shoulders

incline db flye/rear delt raise / db shrugs
12.5x12x3 flye
12.5x12x3 rear delt
30x12x3 shrugs

seated side lat 12.5x12

wide grip pulldown / narrow reverse grip pulldown
75x12xx3 narrow reverse
75x12, 90x8, 75x4, 75x12 wide

t bar row (upper middle)
45x12x3

standing side lat
12x12x2

p..m. legs/abs/arms

treadmill w.u.

squat press
90x10 wu
180x12x4

hamflexor
15x12x3

ez bar curl / skull crushers
30x12x3 (only bar I could get, a bit light)

back ext / hanging leg raise
bwx10, +25x10 back
10x2sets hanging le raise

I wanted to get some cable curls and more back ext and abs, but the gym was a total cluster ****. I hate going to the gym after 5, it is full of idiots.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic