Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shanghai to Blairs steroids case nets arrest

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Hmmm.... Maybe that's is why there products were so damn good???

Either way, not good someone snitched.
it was very important to steve that he have a good product that was 100% effective. SNS is or was a good quality brand. he had big plans for the company and i think this was all done so that he could get the money to get the rest of the products out. he was smart, very smart but apparently not a very good judge of character!

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
sheeez lotta money for caps and no injectables

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
it really seems like it would be more of a prohormone deal if they were putting them in capsules and supplement bottles. but why would they arrest someone for importing prohormones? these are all over the place...........
Thats what I believe,, And alot of the poundage may not even be a prohormone.. could be some other supplent with a long chemical name that these nimrods just don't know .. so they label eveything they found as steroids..makes for a better headline.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Thats what I believe,, And alot of the poundage may not even be a prohormone.. could be some other supplent with a long chemical name that these nimrods just don't know .. so they label eveything they found as steroids..makes for a better headline.

i have found out more on this. apparently the FDA has left it up to each state on how they deal with prohormones. some are being very aggressive about it and treating it as if it were the same AAS and others completely ignore it. so the local feds within each state are the ones that do the investigating and are in charge of how and what happens.

the account was most likely not for laundering money but probably a separate account set up to deal with a lawsuit to do with a previous prohormone supplement gone bad. most of the cases had been settled but there were still a few trickling in and so it is suspected that the account was set up to secure money for any future lawsuits in regards to that issue.

the newspapers always like to sensationalize everything and make it seem like some big deal. as basskiller said, AAS makes bigger headlines than prohormones. and if it was really steroids you know damn well they would have stated what steroid it was and not just that it was being bottled and sold as a supplement!

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
it really seems like it would be more of a prohormone deal if they were putting them in capsules and supplement bottles. but why would they arrest someone for importing prohormones? these are all over the place...........

Depends on if the lab was GMP or not and did ID testing. Whether the lab intentionally took part in bottling the steroids or not. Steroids come in capsules and bottles just like anything else.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
the account was most likely not for laundering money but probably a separate account set up to deal with a lawsuit to do with a previous prohormone supplement gone bad. most of the cases had been settled but there were still a few trickling in and so it is suspected that the account was set up to secure money for any future lawsuits in regards to that issue.

There would be no point to set up a company for an account to deal with lawsuits. That makes no sense. They can, and will, go after him personally. He can't hide behind a LLC. It sounds to me like straight up money laundering. It doesn't appear like he was holding money in that account, just funneling money through it. It could also be as innocent as the idiot selling prohormones overseas and shit and just running that money through his LLC.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
interesting article on prohormone law.

Q: Do you expect to see consumers arrested by the cops for getting caught with a stash of prohormones that they stocked up on?

A: Unlikely in the near future. While anyone who possesses the newly controlled products will be a drug criminal, for now the products are controlled only at the federal level (with very limited exceptions). This is important, since most steroid cases are brought in state courts, not federal courts. If the products aren't scheduled by state laws, state courts can't prosecute them as a controlled substance crime. Unless and until individual states pass legislation to make their laws consistent with the new federal law, which could take several months or even years, state authorities will have little incentive to go after prohormones.

Q: What about the Feds? Will they start going after prohormone consumers?

A: Possibly, although it's doubtful that this would be an immediate priority for the DEA. Although the maximum sentence by law for a first offense will be one year in prison, probation will be probable in the overwhelming number of potential cases.

Q: How likely is it for someone who has something sitting in their fridge to be arrested?

A: There are too many variables to answer that. Life is full of surprises, and no ethical lawyer, myself included, would advise anyone to possess any controlled substance unlawfully [for all the reasons in Legal Muscle]. Regardless, the people who stocked up on prohormones figured that the chances of getting caught are less once it's safely in one's home. It's true, based on the hundreds of steroid possession cases I've seen in my practice, that the vast majority of people who've been arrested for steroid possession got caught during the process of receiving or importing the drugs, not after they had them hidden in their house. All things considered, I don't see an epidemic of prohormone arrests in the immediate future. But with prohormone prohibition, I see an impending rise in the black market of foreign veterinary steroids and resulting prosecutions for these products in state courts.

Q: What about the manufacturers and retailers? Are they in jeopardy?

A: Yes, if they remain in possession of products that are now controlled drugs. But most if not all companies have liquidated their stock and moved on to developing new sports nutrition products that are still legal. Some of the more popular products may remain on the market in foreign countries, if legally permitted by those countries' laws. Some companies will investigate marketing new steroidal compounds that are not listed in the new law, although the legality of these products depends not only upon compliance with the new steroid law but also with the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act (DSHEA). This may become more relevant than ever before now that FDA has taken a heightened interest in products containing "new dietary ingredients" that were not on the market back in 1994, the year DSHEA was enacted. Products containing new dietary ingredients must meet certain criteria or risk being branded "adulterated" and removed from the market, as happened to androstenedione last year. Under FDA's new enforcement priorities and evolving standards, safety data on new dietary ingredients will come to be expected.

Steroid Law - BEYOND THE END OF PROHORMONES

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
There would be no point to set up a company for an account to deal with lawsuits. That makes no sense. They can, and will, go after him personally. He can't hide behind a LLC. It sounds to me like straight up money laundering. It doesn't appear like he was holding money in that account, just funneling money through it. It could also be as innocent as the idiot selling prohormones overseas and shit and just running that money through his LLC.

i honestly dont know. it was suggested by someone close to the situation. steve has a company based out of japan or someplace like that as well, atleast according to some different things that i found when trying to get more info. so who knows.

one has to wonder what the motivation was behind the informant. it was a man very close and very involved, so why roll? why go to the feds with your info to bring someone close to you down?

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Who even knows if it was a straight up "informant." My guess would be it had something to do with the production company. At the very least they were co-conspirators, so the fact that nothing about them is mentioned might mean they made some kind of deal.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
My 2 cents....The powder supplier in China gave this guy anabolics instead of prohormones in order to keep him coming back for more based on very favorable reviews by the customers. Anabolics and prohormones by the kilo have really no price difference, but quality is obviously very different. So the advantage is the powder supplier, slip in real anabolics tricking the buyer into thinking its really prohormones.

athens

athens

May 16, 2011
Seems like 1 of 2 things happened. He pissed off his re-mailer money guy, or his re-mailer money guy got popped by the IRS for putting large amounts of cashola in an acct. It always boils down to a couple of variables and the above scenarios seem quite likely. Good thing it wasn't brought down by someone getting caught with recs and spilling the beans.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic